Lost Power, Running rough 95 LS

SonikDethMunky

At The Mercy Of Fate
My '95 teg has lost all power. About a year and a half ago I had her in the shop for about a month, New starter, alternator, fuel filter, rebuilt distributor, timing belt, PCM/ECU, tune up, etc. She ran great till about six months ago, and started running rough, with complete loss of power. Idle seems high and rough, as I said no power whatsoever. She's definitely missing/ firing problem, so I'm thinking it has to do with fuel system, but I'm no mechanic. She starts fine, just wont run right. Any help would be appreciated.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
do an oem dizzy.
i assume its codes 71 72 73 74
its important if you have misfire codes to tell us. If its a misfre in say 2 cylinders its one thing. If you have them in 3 or more usually 2 3 4 its something else. the causes for a few cylinders vs all of them to misfire and run bad are two different reasons

SonikDethMunky

At The Mercy Of Fate
No CEL. I know right? Does somewhere check codes for free? Went to Autozone but they said they only do OBD-2. Even though I dont have a check engine light on, it must be throwing a code. Also I put some sea foam in the vacuum tube, that whole trick, the car smopked out a bunch for a few and then ran great for about three minutes then back to crappy. It is showing a little improvement, but not nearly enough. My brother did a compression test, and everything checked out. Its not smoking(except when choking on sea foam) so Im hoping its something simple.

johnnymass

Ill bet it's a fuel problem since the seafoam made it run great. Usually stuff like that will make it run like crap instead. That's just a semi-educated guess tho

newport

The compression test was a good place to start. What were the numbers? Next place I'd go is to check fuel pressure and make sure that is up to spec.

SonikDethMunky

At The Mercy Of Fate
Ok, I did the trick with the paper clip to try and get the codes, but I'm missing something: When I put the clip in the top two holes and turn the key, it just stays on, no flashing, nothing. When I put it in the bottom two holes and turn the key, It stays on for about two and a half seconds and goes off. The CEL is not on unless I have the paperclip in and goes off immediately if I remove it while the key is turned. Am I doing something wrong or what?