Bitter smell coming from rear driver side wheel

Amiguel6

Exactly. The pass side wheel moves, so its not an e brake issue. The driver side caliper is siezed up. The caliper goes on the pads, but its extremely tight, causing the rotor not being able to move. The caliper piston is in all the way and the 2 slider pistons are stuck and wont push in.

R13

The other asshole
You sure it's all the way in? (Hehe that's what she said)

If it's seized then just get a cheap caliper from the pick and pull or from the parts store and see if it fixes it, Then go from there.

Sent from my toaster

R13

The other asshole
Indeed, Also use a big c-clamp on the suspected caliper to see if you can move the piston.

Sent from my toaster

Amiguel6

So i took apart everything. The problem is that the top piston no longer slides inward, and its stuck outward and wont push back in. This was causing the caliper to fit too tight onto the pads, causing the rotor not being able to move. I got some pliers to twist in the piston just enough so that the caliper would clear the pads and the rotor would be able to turn without any force. I will be needing to order a new caliper bracket.

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Do you mean the slider pin? They seize up often. You can replace just the pin or you can try to repair it by sanding and cleaning it.