Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Acura Integra Technical > Exterior / Bodykits / Detailing

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Should i go into detailing?

Exterior / Bodykits / Detailing

Old 11-18-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
JGvtec

Send a message via AIM to JGvtec
Arrow Should i go into detailing?

Well as you all my know my names Jordan and i love cleaning and detailing cars in my spare time, also i have made a thread called What car care products do you use? It has come to a point where i don't know if i could make it a job or not. Nothing else really interest's me and i want to get some feed back from you guy's and gal's here.

So my dad's thinking i should go the route to detailing car's. If i think about it, its something that i have always liked doing and made me feel really good about. My family recently purchased a storage building that we have used to store other people's boats, and my dad said that all i would really need are the materials and customers. As of right now im reading up on some material about detailing. Since i already have a heated area with drains and a water hose. What would you guy's think about this? Options?

I came up with some numbers i need to compete with other place so the prices are ball parked. Input is welcome.
I changed the pricing.

#1 HAND WASH

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
45 MINUTES
20 CARS/ 25 TRUCKS

#2 HAND WASH/ HAND WAX

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
APPLY WAX AND REMOVE BY HAND
1.5 HOURS
45 CARS/ 55 TRUCKS

#3 MACHINE WAX

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
BUFF AND WAX VEHICLE WITH MACHINE.
2.5 HOURS
85 CARS/ 95 TRUCKS

#4 COMPLETE DETAIL

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
BUFF AND WAX VEHICLE MACHINE
CONDITION SEATS
SHAMPOO ALL RUGS AND MATS
3.5 HOURS
130 CARS/ 145 TRUCKS

Thanks, Jordan
Christian Integra Squad Member #3
I Support
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wash>Clay>Swirl Remover>Finishing Polish>Wax/Sealant
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have any questions about detailing your car? Feel free to PM me.
Here --------->

F&F TYPE1 Specials 550 Shipped!------->
Only At qsrace.com

Last edited by JGvtec; 11-28-2010 at 03:43 AM.
JGvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
rockadilla
thats right.

Send a message via Yahoo to rockadilla

Do it man

"We need to make books cool again... If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't f*** them"
- John Waters

Quote:
vtec just kicked in....my pants
rockadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
JGvtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockadilla View Post
Do it man
I was reading in a local newspaper and a detailing shop was doing complete details for i think 100$. My dad was the real one to get me going on it.
I Support

Here --------->

Only At qsrace.com

Old 11-18-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
BeatBox
👌 Real Good!

yeah def a good "skill" to have lol can def make some monies, wish i could do it

where my friend works does $500k + rv's and gets payed some crazy amount an hr.

he did my truck back in mid june for $100 and used $500 compound so he says, till this date i only spray it with water to get the dust off and its still smooth as hell, you put a micro fiber drying towel on the hood and it slides off like butter

BeatBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #5
JGvtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBox View Post
yeah def a good "skill" to have lol can def make some monies, wish i could do it

where my friend works does $500k + rv's and gets payed some crazy amount an hr.

he did my truck back in mid june for $100 and used $500 compound so he says, till this date i only spray it with water to get the dust off and its still smooth as hell, you put a micro fiber drying towel on the hood and it slides off like butter
Im just throwing i out there. Its very tempting.
I Support

Here --------->

Only At qsrace.com

Old 11-18-2010, 01:39 AM   #6
cted
My Chevrolet be bangin'

i would do it. i used to work at a detail shop before i moved and i loved it! detailers make good money. full details at the shop were about 200-300 bucks. it brings great satisfaction when you look at a car filthy as can be and you go in detail it and it looks like new. and you can go beyond just detailing cars. i recently took a job detailing a PLANE.and i made 300 bucks in 3 days.. thats 100 bucks a day. if you really enjoy it like i do, i would get into it. many car washes do detailing as well. you can check them out. i know theres all kinds of detail shops here in florida. so i would say go for it!
cted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:52 AM   #7
Prozon
Kris

Send a message via AIM to Prozon

Do it! Then detail my car.

I absolutely hate doing that kind of stuff, I mean it has to get done.. especially when I buy a new car....
I'd totally pay you, but I get like 90% discount cause we're best buds right???

- Have something to add to the list?

Quote:
I like my integras like i like my women... shaved!
Quote:
I'm calling the next thread to be a homemade turbo. A high-powered house fan, some conduit, and Epoxy. He's like a redneck MacGyver
Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Prozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:07 AM   #8
bradster101

I would... I do all of my families cars about once a month - If you enjoy doing it why not???
Colorado Thread <<
>>
Colorado Chat Thread <<<
>>>
Low Output Highbeam DIY <<<<
>>>>
bradster101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:10 AM   #9
DAmonzt3r
db1 is love

do it bro so that way u get ur integra faster and i want 90% off too

DAmonzt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:19 AM   #10
Prozon
Kris

90% is the best bud discount. You can have 89% off.

Come to think of it, Jordan, I'll manage your business. I need 80% of your profits for... business stuff...

Quote:
Quote:
I'm calling the next thread to be a homemade turbo. A high-powered house fan, some conduit, and Epoxy. He's like a redneck MacGyver
Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:22 AM   #11
sumfilipinodude

Do it, nothing is better than being your own boss and owning your own work

True Life:
I drive a Honda.
sumfilipinodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:30 AM   #12
DAmonzt3r
db1 is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozon View Post
90% is the best bud discount. You can have 89% off.

Come to think of it, Jordan, I'll manage your business. I need 80% of your profits for... business stuff...
hahah ahhhhh c`mon i could be a best bud too

DAmonzt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:41 AM   #13
Prozon
Kris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumfilipinodude View Post
I am inclined to disagree with you.

Nothing is better than working for me.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-18-2010, 02:56 AM   #14
sumfilipinodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozon View Post
i am inclined to disagree with you.

Nothing is better than working for me. :d
:p

True Life:
I drive a Honda.
sumfilipinodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:26 AM   #15
JGvtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by cted View Post
i would do it. i used to work at a detail shop before i moved and i loved it! detailers make good money. full details at the shop were about 200-300 bucks. it brings great satisfaction when you look at a car filthy as can be and you go in detail it and it looks like new. and you can go beyond just detailing cars. i recently took a job detailing a PLANE.and i made 300 bucks in 3 days.. thats 100 bucks a day. if you really enjoy it like i do, i would get into it. many car washes do detailing as well. you can check them out. i know theres all kinds of detail shops here in florida. so i would say go for it!
WOW! Detailing a plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozon View Post
Do it! Then detail my car.

I absolutely hate doing that kind of stuff, I mean it has to get done.. especially when I buy a new car....
I'd totally pay you, but I get like 90% discount cause we're best buds right???
Haha, hmm how about 60-40? or i think ill go with 100-0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAmonzt3r View Post
do it bro so that way u get ur integra faster and i want 90% off too
I don't have a teggy yet. Still looking for the right one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumfilipinodude View Post
x2 on this!

I don't know pricing and all that stuff though.
I Support

Here --------->

Only At qsrace.com