B18C Engine Swap possible?

DAWGSwlms22

i was looking up motors for an engine swap on Password JDM. they have some B18C full motor swaps. it says it is only for a 94-01 integra. i really didnt think it mattered, that it should work with my 90 integra. so, will it really not work in my car?

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
it should bolt right up harness may be a problem. but why get a b on password. you can find some one swapping one out locally for cheaper? or why get a b, get a k

They say that because the swap comes with a transmission. If you want to run a hydro transmission on your car you'll need a cable to hydro conversion. You'll also need an OBD0 to OBD1 jumper harness, an OBD1 ECU such as a p28, p30 or p72, you'll need to wire up the OBD1 distributor, and wire in OBD1 injectors as well.
Yes it will work but it isn't a "drop in and go" thing like it is for the G3.

Cripton805

Get a B18C engine swap only. The tranny will be useless unless you want to sell it or do a hydro conversion...
Buy the ECU and harness seperately

Here's why I wouldn't convert to hydro
1. Those conversions can be finicky
2. You can always swap out an LS internals and make it a short geared tranny
3. Much easier just to use a B16 cable tranny from a 1st gen JDM B16
4. more expensive

heres the reason I would swap to hydro
1. Hydro trannies are easier to find

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
To the guy that said "get a k", you know how much it cost to swap a K? my buddy has close to 14k in swapping a bone stock k20a2 into his 99 SI....give me 14k and i'll swap em all day long lol. They are so over priced right now its ridiculous

DAWGSwlms22

alright, thanks everyone. i was so confused, because it said it came with everything. and i'd rather find a local one cheaper, just seeing it made me wonder if a b18c, or maybe even a b20 wouldnt work.

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
well ur buddy is a ass for paying that much. in all i would have had the swap complete for 4 k i i got the motor/trans for 2. if it was not for all my parts that got stolen. let me guess he went to a overpriced shop. it took me months of looking searching and asking for parts for cheap and in good shape. yes, there over priced but with patience you can build it for less and 14k is way too high. its not my fault he got jacked

well ur buddy is a ass for paying that much. in all i would have had the swap complete for 4 k i i got the motor/trans for 2. if it was not for all my parts that got stolen. let me guess he went to a overpriced shop. it took me months of looking searching and asking for parts for cheap and in good shape. yes, there over priced but with patience you can build it for less and 14k is way too high. its not my fault he got jacked
If you did a K swap into a DA for $6k, please post links on where you got your parts. I know I'd love a $6k complete K swap.

Cripton805

If you did a K swap into a DA for $6k, please post links on where you got your parts. I know I'd love a $6k complete K swap.
It's do-able. I saw a wrecked RSX-S for like 5k once from the rear w/ very low milage.
Could'a sold everything and kept the swap.
Also seen them around CA for 2-3k before.

If you do the work yourself, it's do able, but in a DA it's more of a Bit**...
It's easier in an EK or DC

but... point is you must be really good with swaps and have a lot of experience.
Pretty much out of reach of regular folk. lol

Personally... Swapping a K is overly hyped and is more of a wow factor.

It's do-able. I saw a wrecked RSX-S for like 5k once from the rear w/ very low milage.
Could'a sold everything and kept the swap.
Also seen them around CA for 2-3k before.

If you do the work yourself, it's do able, but in a DA it's more of a Bit**...
It's easier in an EK or DC

but... point is you must be really good with swaps and have a lot of experience.
Pretty much out of reach of regular folk. lol

Personally... Swapping a K is overly hyped and is more of a wow factor.
I get that it's do-able. I'm just curious where he bought the mount kit, the Hondata K-Pro, and everything else associated with the swap and came out less than $6k. I'd consider doing one if I could find it all for that price.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
No he didn't take it to an over priced shop. He bought most of the swap parts from K-Tuned. I would love to see you do a complete and running K20 swap for 4k, please do it, post up pics of all the reciepts and of it running, then I'll believe you. I looked into doin a K swap before building my GSR and to do it the correct way with KPro and all that stuff it was over 14k for a stock fucking motor. Now you might be able to pick up one of the K20's from an EP3 hatch and a 5 speed, those are the parts no one wants. But to do a K20 type S with 6 speed for 4k? No way in hell unless the parts are stolen or your sucking someone off in the parts room lol.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it should bolt right up harness may be a problem. but why get a b on password. you can find some one swapping one out locally for cheaper? or why get a b, get a k
lmao.........wow

K is over rated unless you are doing time attack. everything else its just a "hey look at me"
isnt doing a K into a EF, DA chassis alot harder than the EG DC chassis too?

Last edited: