Possible Frame damage

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Im pretty sure I have some frame damage around the passenger quarter panel.
Wheels don't match, when i measured (wheel to bumper) on both side, off by a finger and a half.

Took the interior quarter panel lining off to find bends/dents on the 'skeleton' thats holds the lining. (Explains why it rattles and isnt straight or clipping in) And half ass welds when they rplaced the quarter panel.

I will be jacking the car up later today to measure more and very carefully look for anything bent.

My question is should i take it to a frame machine?
Or
Get an alignment first?

Any other options or advise?

Rear Lca Bushings are trash and i only assume the rta bushings are to. Rear Wheel bearing seems fine.

Last edited:

Mugeismo

I would get it in the air and inspect it. Have an alignment done as well. Better to spend $100 on an alignment and potentially fix the issue.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Finally got around getting under the car.
I noticed the Toe is maxed out on the passenger side (side that was hit)
And i have noticeable neg toe
So i checked and checked for any thing bent... nothin, even the unibody looked fine.
While checking the wheel i noticed my wheel bearing is shot.
Continuing to check the wheel i could not slide my fingers across the inner back sidewall tire where the RTA was.. but on the driver side i was able to with some room.
So im sure i have a bent hub or RTA/spindle.

So yea better than a bent frame and im hoping for the best with caster and toe when its all done and ready for an alignment

Last edited: