LS/VTEC All-motor

Mugeismo

SE Sedan Rebuild

Purchased this car on 1 OCT 15. After my last Integra fell apart years ago, I decided to avoid Hondas for a while. Considering the price however, couldn't resist buying this car. Original intent was a winter beater so my truck can spend winters in the garage. That has quickly changed into a project build. Thankfully the engine was well maintained, so it'll make the process a lot easier. Just have to fix the current issues and be patient.

It will stay auto. It will be all-motor.

Issues with the car:
- eBay exhaust
- eBay sleeve overs
- Honda rot (in the usual places)
- Tires are meh (and 14")
- Calipers are meh

Year one (2015) completed:
ENGINE
- Valve lash adjustment
- Compression test (185 185 185 185)
- OEM oil filter
- OEM air filter
- OEM fuel filter
- OEM cap and rotor
- OEM valve cover gasket kit
- OEM belts
- OEM water pump
- OEM tensioner
- OEM thermostat
- OEM camshaft seals
- OEM crankshaft seals
- OEM fuel line
- Interstate battery
- Mishimoto radiator hoses
- NGK spark plugs
- NGK spark plug wires

SUSPENSION
- Four wheel alignment
- OEM sway bar end links (F/R)
- OEM toe arms (R)
- OEM inner and outer tie rods (F/R)
- OEM lower ball joints (F)
- OEM upper control arms (F)
- Skunk2 shocks
- Skunk2 springs
- Skunk2 camber kit (F/R)
- Skunk2 lower control arms (R)
- Energy Suspension sway bar bushings (F/R)
- Energy Suspension trailing arm bushings (R)
- BWR Subframe Brace (R)
- BWR Lower Tie Bar (R)
- More I'm probably forgetting

BRAKES
- Russell brake lines
- Powerstop calipers
- Powerstop pads
- Powerstop rotors

WHEELS
- 15x6.5 Enkei M52
- Hankook 205/50/15 all-seasons

Year two (2016) plans:
BODY
- ITR front end swap
- Rust removal
- Repaint
- Something else will come up

Year three (2017) plans:
ENGINE
- Engine rebuild
- Transmission rebuild
- LS/VTEC swap
- Hondata
- Intake
- Intake Manifold
- Throttle Body
- Exhaust
- Header
- Radiator

EXTERIOR

INTERIOR
- RSX front seats
- Black interior swap

SUSPENSION
- ITR sway bars
- Benen Lower Tie Bar (F)
- Benen Crossmember Brace

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Well that changes thing a bit :lol:

In that case, why not do a complete changeover to the SiR-G? I've seen online importers carry the B18C with matching auto tranny, auto ECU and wiring harness for sale. Would probably save some hassle :what:

Mugeismo

Well that changes thing a bit :lol:

In that case, why not do a complete changeover to the SiR-G? I've seen online importers carry the B18C with matching auto tranny, auto ECU and wiring harness for sale. Would probably save some hassle :what:
Not all of us are incapable of driving a manual. Some of us are just no longer physically able. :lol: Thanks to an IED and a second incident playing hockey, my ankle and foot are more metal than bone. The TSA lovesss me.

That is a possibility. I was unaware that the SiR-G (GSR) came in auto over there until earlier today. If I can source once for a reasonable price, it may be the best route. Although if the transmission is the same as the LS, I could simply move over the GS-R head and SiR-G ECU and save money. I'm pretty set on how I'm going to build the car, but the engine/transmission setup is up for debate still.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Not all of us are incapable of driving a manual. Some of us are just no longer physically able. :lol: Thanks to an IED and a second incident playing hockey, my ankle and foot are more metal than bone. The TSA lovesss me.

I've got no problem with automatics, my car is :lol: Honestly, I wasn't even thinking disabilities as we get people on here all the time asking how to make an auto fast.

Like a week and a half ago, someone was asking about making 400hp on an all motor, non-VTEC engine with an auto :rolf:

Then there's this other guy who, after countless times being told he's an idiot, still wants to go through with an auto build because he wants to "change the game."

Mugeismo

You won't get any of that from me. I know the limitations of an automatic Honda. I just want a minor boost in power. I figure if I'm rebuilding the engine and trans, why not upgrade the internals. If I hit 175whp I'll be pleasantly surprised and call it a day.

Most of my money is in the suspension. The car may be slow but it handles like a monster right now. I intend to keep improving that.

The only car I've built that made more sense to have an automatic in was my Z32. The TT auto trans was simply better at taking punishment.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Car is getting there and I like the suspension work! I'd worry about the rust and then the engine performance. Like 94RS said, the SiR-G swap is your best bet for having a factory B-series VTEC with an auto transmission :lol:

Mugeismo

The rust is actually not as bad as you might think. Got it on a lift recently and inspected. Will definitely need patch panels for the quarters. Rocker panels aren't too bad, but I will replace them anyways. The rest of the chassis is clean. We threw on some 3M coating to try and keep it from spreading.

Waiting until spring to do the full job. Knowing Michigan winters, there's no point in doing the repair and paint now. Picking up an ITR front end this weekend for dirt cheap. So I'll be all set come March/April.

Yeah, the more I look, the more an SiR-G swap makes sense. Oddly enough, I was originally going to do an SiR-G front end conversion, but I found an ITR setup for cheap.

phatintegra

Banned
There are a few people here that already have done it.

Before you do any VTEC or LS/VTEC Automatic. You need to ask yourself this question. "Do you have SMOG in your state"? If so when can your vehicle be no longer eligible for SMOG in your state?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if you can bar a vtec motor in CA you can have a vtec motor in any state.

you may want to look into getting a chipped auto p28 for your tune. Or an auto gsr transmission and cluster.

Mugeismo

There are a few people here that already have done it.

Before you do any VTEC or LS/VTEC Automatic. You need to ask yourself this question. "Do you have SMOG in your state"? If so when can your vehicle be no longer eligible for SMOG in your state?
I live in Michigan. We don't care about emissions. In the rare event I moved to a SMOG state, I'd probably keep the car registered to Michigan.

I'm still researching the GS-R/SiR-G transmission. I haven't seen a whole lot of info on them (obviously). Curious to see what the exact differences are between it and the LS auto trans. I may at bare minimum need an ECU and harness from one just to make sure everything functions.

Last edited: