1990 Integra Battery Problems

YoungBLKmale

i'm pretty new to this site & i recently bought a used 1990 Integra for my first whip i love this car to death already and s*** BUT it's starting to piss me off. When i first bought the car it always started up with no problem now every morning i have to get it jump started. AT FIRST i thought it was because of the amp & sub woofer i installed but it's not because i always take the radio & amp/sub fuse out when i turn off my car.

it's weird because after i'll get a jump start i can turn the car off & not drive it for like two hours then turn it on and it'll work fine. but once i turn the car off & leave it sitting overnight the next morning i'm guaranteed to need a jump start it's like something on the car stays on until my battery dies idk what tho because i checked & everything seems to be off.

i checked my fuses & i follow the diagram but it's weird because a certain fuse on the diagram would have a number 10 but the actually fuse that's in has a different number can that be a reason why my battery dies?

92_JDM

have you tried testing your battery at the nearest autopart store? the battery might be bad.

YoungBLKmale

After I got a jump start this morning I took it to my cousins house & he tested it....the battery appears to be fine

maddogg20

the number on the fuse is just an amperage rating of the fuse. I would try removing the cable that powers the amp from the battery and drive it for a few days and see if that works. I would remove the battery from the car and take it to an autozone or pepboys and have it tested outside the car like was mentioned earlier by someone else. If your battery tests good then I would also have an alternator test done. I have seen an alternator short internally and keep the diode trio activated even when the car is turned off and thatll kill the battery too.

Let us know how that works.
Andy

PS, also remember you cant test an alternator with just a volt meter, it needs an AMP test done on it because it may be out putting the right voltage but if its not producing enough amperage it wont charge the battery.