ECU Tuning, how much $?

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
depends on where you go. at kingmotorsports in new berlin, WI, an all motor tune is $450 and F/I is $600 with hondata. They are prolly the best tuner for hondas in the midwest

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Most of them do. It tends to go for around $150/hr around here if you don't have a hook up

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
That is dependent upon many things.

- How good they are
- What system you are using (obviously a standalone is much more in depth and takes longer than a piggyback)
- What your mods are/How close your current tune is to being ideal
etc.

The most I've spent on the dyno is 2 hours. We spent a lot of time on meticulous crap and BS'ing though (since I know a guy that works there) But I also had already tuned it pretty close to ideal maps on the street via datalogging and wideband. I mostly just used the dyno to fine tune my high boost maps.

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
ECU tuning usually costs around $150/hour. It shouldn't take more than an hour to tune your car.

acclude

cheap bastard
Also wanted to point out that everything mentioned in this thread so far is for dyno tuning. If you know someone local that can street tune it for you, they will usually charge $50-75 /hr and you usually meet some pretty cool people that do this kind of tuning.

What I prefer to do is street tune to get it close to optimal. Then have it dyno tuned to actually get official #'s for the setup. Then street tune it one more time to take actual driving conditions into account that a dyno just can't do.

Tuning is a process.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
ECU tuning usually costs around $150/hour. It shouldn't take more than an hour to tune your car.
The ones I went to took more than an hour.

$450 gets you dyno tuning and then he does a street tune also.

Hondata itself with cost $650 for the S300, plus tuning. So I would budget at least $1,000