No cup holders? no problem!

sylvaner01

Hey, guys.

I understand a few people are out there having to hold their drinks in one hand, hold the steering wheel in the other and change gear with their mouth!
I have had experience with this and understand it is very hard!
This is my solution, just a few tools, MDF and spare carpet and you can have a cup holder that fits 4 large maccas cokes in no time!

No, but seriously this worked so well for me and I just wanted to share my idea with the rest of you.
Enjoy!

Cheers,

Sylvaner01

rockadilla

thats right.
LOL thats a good idea dude :thumbs up i usually use the center console.

i HATE how low they made the cup holder so that all i have to do is turn, and my drink will literally fly out of the holder and land all over my lap

bcartwright88

how much shipped to 74134??? Id buy two and give one to my buddy.

paoloDa92

bro you gotta do diy on this.

well its not as bad for me cause my gf is my cup holder but this it awesome!

bcartwright88

no drinks in my car =)
first gf at 16 spilled something currently dating the girl im going to marry and still wont let her have a drink lol. good work man.

paoloDa92

haha damn nice job bringing the law down.

my gf just laughs at when i tell her no eating, drinking, feet down, geez i love that girl! haha

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
no drinks in my car =)
first gf at 16 spilled something currently dating the girl im going to marry and still wont let her have a drink lol. good work man.
That's how I am, nothing but water, and it's in bottles. Nice though, if you cleaned the design up some more you could probably sell some on the forums.

db1love

thats hella dope lookin man< good idea, my uncle went with some upcoming car magizine 2 europe for a couple weeks to do some testing on cars or some shit, i never got all the details, but he said most the high luxury, or high end cars didnt even have cup holders like they do in the us, he said people in europe , people drive there cars to drive!!! not get a supersized coke and a big mack!!, i always thought that was kinda cool

sylvaner01

The reason I decided to make it was because none of my mates at Uni have cars and we do Maccas runs, its always a pain when the passenger has to hold 8 large cokes XD
Glad you guys like it, I think it cost me around $10AU for the wood and carpet all together =D

I'll post my sub box that I made tomorrow when I get some photos of it.
Cheers,

Sylvaner01

Vince92Gs

Props for creativity!

You can also use cup holders from a Taurus. I apologize for the craptastic pic, but gives you the idea...
I'll get a clearer pic up when I can...

sylvaner01

nice! yeah I heard about those cup holders, I wasn't too sure how they would work with my gear shifter though.
I don't know where they sell them in Australia either, oh well.

mirrorimg

Nice DIY for a second gen. I know that even though 3rd gens have cup holders, they certainly arent the best.