Clutch 93 gsr trans

vtec2000

I have a gsr cable trans in my 93 gs and I should buy the clutch for the trans right not for the gs integra or is it the same. I did reseach just want to make sure.

Also when I am getting on the car alittle at about 4500-6500 I hear a loud roar from the trans. The trans does not make this sound until those rpms and when I release the clutch I still hear it until the rpms drop. Is this the throw-out bearing or pilot bearing? Because if it was the main shaft bearing wouldn't it really make a loud noise all the time.

hope that makes sence

thanks
Kris

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
92-93 integras all have the same clutch, and yes there is a good chance that your throw-out-bearing is making that noise.

vtec2000

Thanks aussie I thought so I just wanted to make sure because I got some of the same answers but they were with the cable b16 trans and I have the gsr. I was worried that there might be a different spline count or something. With the throw-out-bearing I was hoping that was the case because I def. did not want to go back to the ls trans.

I am going to with a exedy stage one since this is going to be an allmotor build. Hopefully I will have b18c1 coming soon.

again thanks,

kris

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Exedy :thumbup: 90-91 have a smaller spline fyi

vtec2000

yeah I looked around and where there are more aggresive clutches around I didn't see the need to spend 4-600 dollars on a clutch that I would never see to it's full potential. Plus since they make oem clutches as well I thought exedy would be the best way to go.

Oh aussie how are the bearing that come in the kit? I have heard it is wise to buy oem bearings because to ones in the aftermarket kits are not that great. Eventhough they make oem kits I want to make sure I do not have to pull the trans out twice for a bearing. I always try and do things the right way the first time.

thanks
kris