CI Official DB2 Squad Thread

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
I'm the same for most forums except vadriven and like two others.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Yeah I hate that site. I'm still dealing with the bulls*** from a trade I did in freakin december.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Alright so I had this 4Runner that I was trying to sell. I was talking to this guy that was selling a bike and needed a family car because his gf had her baby premature. So we traded straight up I wasn't aware of any problem with the thing and neither was he. So we trade, bill of sale saying we will mail the titles to each other.

I mail title and he claims to mail his. He suddenly finds all these problems with it and refuses to mail the title. I'm still dealing with that bullshit.

jesusfreeke

I am not sure if all you guys are in the habit of ripping out perfectly good OEM parts or not but the previous owner of my DB2 seemed to think it was a good idea to remove the stock intake box and tube. My questions are:
1. Can i use one from b18 DA's 90-93 or are they GS-R specific (I'm not sure if the throttle bodies are the same)?
2. would any of you happen to have one laying around (airbox and tube) if you ARE the type that likes to yank out OEM? Any information would be greatly appreciated....unless it is about how great it is to suck up hot underhood air with "Cold air" systems

red.line

Yes, the intake tubing and airbox is all the same on the DA's.
I have mine laying around because I like to rip out oem parts to put in a proper cold air intake that sucks in air from below the hot engine bay, but I'm hanging onto it so I can revert back to stock if I ever wanted to. :p

jesusfreeke

Yes, the intake tubing and airbox is all the same on the DA's.
I have mine laying around because I like to rip out oem parts to put in a proper cold air intake that sucks in air from below the hot engine bay, but I'm hanging onto it so I can revert back to stock if I ever wanted to. :p
Oh so you are one of those guys who actually does the cold air intake thing right huh? I've heard rumors of you guys existing. Your a dying breed.
Here is another question. Is the 92 the only year that doesnt have the weird tube comming off of the aircleaner box? Are all years interchangable?
I know you said "all the same on the DA's" but I've seen different airboxes

Last edited:

red.line

Do you mean the weird snorkel looking thing? Mine had it.

Edit: just did a quick google search and it looks like maybe the 90-91's didn't have the snorkel thing but it shouldn't make a difference as far as I know.

Last edited:

jesusfreeke

yeah, i am looking at an airbox on ebay and it doesnt have one and it is for a 92 integra. So do some have it and some not, and ultimately does it matter