90 integra gs leak problem (video)

isthatkage

Hey im new here recently bought my 90 gs and turboed it. but before i started turboing it. i noticed i was leaking oil. i got under and checked it and it seemed to be coming from my oil pan. so then i said screw it, started adding the turbo and such got everything on. but i guess the oil pan wasnt the problem. or may still be. i took a video of it and maybe someone can direct me to where it could be coming from. when the car is on. itll leak a good drop every 10-15 seconds. and please note it was leaking like this BEFORE I DID THE TURBO. my engine is pretty damn clean as well and from where i looked i can not see where it could be coming from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyIRPrvKfIc

^^^ there is the link of the video to help you guys get a better look. if you want me to get a better one please let me know!

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Welcome to the world of turbos :) any leak you have (espcially oil pan gasket and valve cover) will be pretty much forced out any weak spots. You should fix any leaks you find before even adding a turbo. It can and will get messy. Likely to spray everywhere and make the leak hard to find. Wipe the engine clean and let it idle to operating temp then check if still clean take it around the block (stay out of boost as much as possible) then check. if still nothing take it around again and briefly get into boost and check it. get a $6 led flash light from autozone ( Love those things) if you have too. You'll find it dont worry you already know general area so that helps. For example I remember a time at willow springs when our 1100hp 40 psi of boost methanol time attack monster did this. It sprayed everywhere even under the car and leaked all day. Finally at the end of the day we found out it was from a small hole in the timing cover (there from the factory). machined a plug and never had a problem.
Good luck hope you get it fixed :)

isthatkage

alright well thanks.. but i have looked everywhere for that oil leak and i cant find where its coming from. even 3-4 of my friends looked and couldnt find anything... so all im looking for is an idea of where it could be coming from. i gotta get this fixed then go get her tunned lol. and im trying to stay far away from the mechanics seeing they charge up the ass :(

could it be i maybe over tightened the oil pan?

but thanks for your input.

cboe90DA

check the oil catch can o ring into the block mine was doing that same shit put a o ring on and bam it was gone. its not the pan if its on the half shaft! good luck