coolant leak and small oil leak.

Messiah62

I have been leaking coolant for awhile now and am probally gonna go get a pressure check next week sometime. I have looked under and around my engine but have not been able to spot the leak directly. It seems to be a decent leak, but i am not overheating at all. The highest my gauge gets is about 1/3 the way up. How ever when i looked under my car on the bottom of my radiator there was some coolant around a small gold fitting, which i believe goes to the transmission, but if that was leaking wouldnt it be red?

Oil Leak

I have a small oil leak, i have noticed the oil gather in my garage on the cement. It isnt anything big but there seems to be oil around the oilpan screws and all over the oil pan.

Anyone have any clues for either of these leaks

PS. - When i bought the car the guy said he had to put a new radiator in @ about 100k miles. The car now has 122k on it.

Thanks

JdmITRCinci

JDM Bliss
No coolant travels into the tranny also. You should check the fitting first. If the threads and stripped you will have to replace it. Odds are you oil pan is leaking is you have oil around the bolts. Clean your oil pan off real good and start you engine. Check for a leak. Then if their isnt any go for a ten minute drive. Check it agen. Odds are your oil pan gasket has gone bad. They wear out over time. Dont RV gasket seal it just replace it with a new oil pan gasket.

Messiah62

auto, its gotta be something on the lower end for the coolant leak. i see the coolant on the black mudflap thing right under the radiator

ntensedc4

check your hoses and it good be your water pump

Sammich

i think the radiator on the auto does have some kind of connection to the tranny...im not totally sure tho...

Bizkit64

Yo?
YAH I think i have a leak to, my cheak engine light is on, and the guys at AutoZone or w/e said its a coolant leak.... ='(

Backwoodz Tuner

Yeah man either your hoses are leakin or those lines goin to your tranny are the problem. Or worse case scenario your radiator is shot. I would personally remove your radiator and go get it pressure checked. That would tell you if your radiators the problem. But from my experiences its probably something loose, not tight enough or something like that. Also before you do all that , check both your upper and lower radiator hoses. Then remove those other lines comin from your tranny. Then clean the threads of real good and put some teflon tape on the threads before you reinstall.clean off the bottom of your radiator real good so a leak will be easier to trace if its all clean. Now refill your radiator and what not. Then take her 4 a spin and then check for leaks . Hope this helps

Messiah62

im going to check the hoses this weekend, but it is getting bad... inside of my car sometimes smells of antifreeze

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If the inside of your car smells like anti freeze there's a good possibility it could be your heater core. Did it just start happening since you've been using your heater?

Messiah62

heater core is possibility, water pump is another... but i can see the antifreeze on the mudflap under the radiator