tail lights stay on all the time!!!!

slik92teg

i need help, i cant figure out why my tail lights stay on all the time, they are on as if i was steping on the brake pedal but im not, and they stay on even after i turn my car off, and yes i made sure all the lights are off, also im working on cleaning up my engine bay i just took out my ac lines, condenser, compresor, but how do i remove the ac harness, what wires are the ones that i can take out, the relay? but i really need some info on my lights.... thanks :shock:

slik92teg

ha ha, i would have never though to look there, but yeah thats what it was thanks man...

dude, look above your brake pedal. there will be somethi8ng a appears to be a button, almost like a push pin. if it has started to fall apart, replace that and they will go right off.......that thing acts as a sensor to tell your light to shut off. i have had that problem many times

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Or you could just buy a new brake light switch and install it because that's what's wrong.

slik92teg

naw dude, the penny works like a charm!!! maybe instead of the tape, ill put it on with epoxy or something, that way it will last longer!!!!!!!!! :D

Man A

homewreker
im curious. if you epoxy the penny there will it raise the value of your car?

oh and the a/c harness is short. only like 2 1/2 feet
it only runs accross the radiatos, like by the hood latch. the main harness and a/c harness come apart around where the radiator fan plug is. youll need to remove the battery tray. the connection is under there. youll need a 10mm if i remember correctly