engine stumble

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
this is my last resort b4 the shop...i have a posesed gsr...sat i went to a meet and it ran great (beat a b20/vtec!)

my problem- i discovered that the person b4 me was running a obd1 engine harness with a obd2 ecu along with a ls dizzy...ive spent the last 2 days wrking on it to get it right (i changed the dizzy to a gsr and re-timed it, it also had a shity fuel pressure reg so i put a stock one back on. as soon as i started it up it ran like shit! stumbles and wants to die at idle. so i changed back to the ls thinking that there was a problem with distributer and still have the same problem...i did a power palance test and number 1 is the culprit...i bought new plugs and wires and it did a lil better but didnt fix the problem. i also unpluged the #1 injector and found out that it is not spitting right so i swapped it for a new one but nothing. however when i took it for a drive and got on it it ran amazing!!!!! torque steer and i chirped through 3rd! but when ever it is ideling i have this problem....any help would be GREAT!

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
tried that wether you advance it or retard it dsnt help and i even tried the idle adj screw on the throttle body

Mugen

Hi My Name Is Asimo
How about faulty elec connections, fuel reaching the injectors, vacuem leak. Clogged fuel filter. Pluggs gapped, bad spark plugg wires.

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
no vacume leak (tested with water bottle), brand new fuel filter, i put the wires on my bros ls and no problem, the plugs r gapped at 44

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
im at a loss... i have spark to the plug, compression (like 200 psi+ across all cylinders) there is no air restriction, the only thing i keep comming up with is the weird injector idle...has ne one else heard of this b4?

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
found the problem....i broke down and bought a leak down test kit...i had 90% leak in #1 cylinder, so after i tore it apart, my exhaust valves were bent....thanx for the help guys!!!! this is just my reason to spend my tax return on the valvetrain >:)