Spitfire8o5's TimeAttack DC #117 Build

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
so I saved up some money to buy nice brakes for the car but ended up spending it on this lol, and my girlfriend pretty much came up on my audi lol FML or what?

'87 BMW 325 6cly 5 Speed Clunker

i removed the tint yesterday and as some of you can recall from my Dc, it was not a very good time taking it off.. game plan was to do just one window but for whatever ive done right in life, god blessed me with the easiest tint removal ever lol each window came off in a nice big piece! so it didn't take more than 20 minutes including taking off the glue residue

car looks a million times better and it nice from the drivers view on the road. and cleaned up all the junk that was all over the trunk and found tons of cool things lol

i forgot to take a pic of what it looked like before, but this was already a good half hour into cleaning the trunk area lol

today, i couldn't help but notice how there was a really nice 4 inch wheel gap (it seemed like, maybe not literally) and since the coilovers i want i cant afford for w long time i decided to have a local shop take a torch to the springs lol cars sittin proper not and to my surprise the shocks aren't bottoming out! yet anyways lol

and couldn't help but notice the ugly muffler so i had that deleted just straight shot blast pipe because life is too short to have boring & quiet cars lol

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
All the goodies are now in. Should be installing soon

ITR Calipers (centric premium)
280mm 07 Mini Cooper 4x100 Rotors (centric premium)
Hawk DTC-70 Brake Pads

Nick_C78

Roger, did you just say long term? Do you even know what long term means? You change cars before they need an oil change. :p

Nick_C78

:p But during that year how many daily have you had? Plus a truck if I remember. You would prob still have hatch too if it wasn't for that pesky lotus and its stopping power.

SoundEfx

Nice new to you ride.
A friend of mine, friend's son got this as his first car.

Unfortunately it's not as clean as yours, so some work is needed.

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
:p But during that year how many daily have you had? Plus a truck if I remember. You would prob still have hatch too if it wasn't for that pesky lotus and its stopping power.
It's a fact that I would still have that car if I wasn't rudely interrupted by a lotus lol and I've had too many cars hahaha those days are over!
Nice new to you ride.
A friend of mine, friend's son got this as his first car.

Unfortunately it's not as clean as yours, so some work is needed.
They are great cars and I'm looking forward to kicking some ass in it!!! This is of course way down the road.

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
I love this thing lol

So I got the new brake setup on and braking them in was exciting to say the least lol bedding them was easy but there was a lot of smoke coming from them when I was stopping and after I was completely stopped. Kinda crazy. I was pulled over on the side of the road letting the brakes cool down (bedding procedure) when a Highway Patrol passes by and i immediately shit my pants. Sure enough. He flips a bitch and rolls up to my car. So I figured I was getting the car impounded since it's too low. No front plate. Too loud. Missing smog components. Suspended registration. No air bags and so forth. When he got out. He asked "how's it going brotha. Is everything okay? Are you broken down?" As calm as I could. I replied "yea, but I already have a tow truck on the way. Thank you so much for making sure I was okay" then he tells me how cool these little cars are. I was praying to God that he didn't step any closer to see how illegal my car is to be on the road. Thankfully. He told me to be safe and to have a good night. So I'm leaning more towards towing the car now if I can lol.

Here is the bucket

And a pic of your's truly lol driving home in the racecar after not going to jail

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Haha nice story, did you put itr calipers on the rear as well? Not sure if there's even a difference?

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Haha nice story, did you put itr calipers on the rear as well? Not sure if there's even a difference?
I'm not sure if there is a difference man. I know some people do a big brake kit for the rear using an ep3 rear caliper and other nonsense like in the front. But I dont want my rear working any more than it is lol maybe after I test these brakes I might get a pad with more bite