engine knocks need help with swap info

ckde13

So I recently bought my first car a 95 rs. I did all new tune up valve adjustment new starter axels n little stuff like that but she knocks cuz the previous owner half assed everything n didn't even check her oil. Now im looking to swap the b18 for either b20 vtec or b18 vtec since im already gunna habe to pay might as well get little more power from it. Ive been looking around for engines online n they're going for around $2500 which most includes the trans ecu n wiring. So need help to what else I would need or process of it and how much parts are going to go for and things to be aware of or recommendations from you experienced ones would really help so I can start getting her goin.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
The B20 is cheap, easy, and plentiful.
The B18B1 will be the easiest since you will only need the engine. Really only a short block is needed since you can use the head from the current engine.
B18C1 is from the GSR, a bit more money but still an easy swap.
B18C5 is from the USDM Type R. These are not easy to find and can cost around 4k.

Any swap going to VTec will involve wiring. Any engines from Japan will involve some wiring and stuff to make everything fir in an LHD car.
Make sure you know what you're getting into before you get started.

ckde13

Cool guys thanks for the input so far. Im definitely looking into the b20 any cites to buy the engine from that are reasonable I know of a couple shops semi local that import the engines as well but id like to know what prices are reasonable. Also costs 7 would need new harnesses and belts right? What would I be looking at for the complete swap? Thanks again I really appreciate it.

Silver2

DB7 Driver
Check your local CL for a place that sells low mileage used honda engines. If you're in my area, you can get one with installation for less than $2000