98 dc...ftw!!!!

SoundEfx

Damn pimp, that looks clean as hell.

And damn you all, I was thinking gun metal since last year. Engine bay and rims.

Where the hell is Jeff to get me another intake and a powder coating hook up?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Damn pimp, that looks clean as hell.

And damn you all, I was thinking gun metal since last year. Engine bay and rims.

Where the hell is Jeff to get me another intake and a powder coating hook up?
Thanks playa. How its done on a budget

Im just joshing you about the gunmetal scheme. You still have that shyty home depot intake?

PioneerLS

Are short rams like that louder than the stock filter with the lid off? Ive always wondered... cause mine with the lid off is decently loud. That engine bay definitely looks clean, and im jealous.

SoundEfx

I think that a SRI is the loudest intake you could have.
The OEM ones have baffles to quiet everything down a bit.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Are short rams like that louder than the stock filter with the lid off? Ive always wondered... cause mine with the lid off is decently loud. That engine bay definitely looks clean, and im jealous.
I would think the metal tube would produce more sound vs plastic tube. I honestly cant tell you the difference, since i never done it with a stock box with no lid. I also have an aftermarket header, so the sound is louder.

I know people that used a metal tube(painted black) with stock box. They said it has a nice low growl and keeps it looking stock

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
I would think the metal tube would produce more sound vs plastic tube. I honestly cant tell you the difference, since i never done it with a stock box with no lid. I also have an aftermarket header, so the sound is louder.

I know people that used a metal tube(painted black) with stock box. They said it has a nice low growl and keeps it looking stock
I've got a B18b1. I took the silencer out of the intake tube and blocked it off, took the resonator box out, the lower intake tube out, and the airbox off. My buddy swears up and down it's louder than his AEM.
I dunno, man.

PioneerLS

I've got a B18b1. I took the silencer out of the intake tube and blocked it off, took the resonator box out, the lower intake tube out, and the airbox off. My buddy swears up and down it's louder than his AEM.
I dunno, man.
Wait, wheres the silencer? I just took off the lid. I thought there was just the top, aka lid, the bottom part with a 'cai' like intake tube attached, and that was it?