knocking Noise

VikingShotGun

Last week I noticed a knocking noise, oh no I hope it's not my engine. Well I'm pretty sure I've came to the conclusion it's my power steering(?) I think that's what it is, anyway here's a video: http://youtu.be/QfwLobMPPuw am I right? Is it the power steering or is it something else? Please give me any idea on how to narrow down my answer. Btw it's a 1999 Acura Integra LS.

osiris19

Definitely not the power steering. The power steering pump is a vane type and wouldnt cause that. Definitely sounds internal. Does it get faster with acceleration? I wouldn't drive the or run the car till you figure it out

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Sounds like a bearing is shot on something. I'd say something is loose but the belt doesn't look sloppy. Try taking off the belts one at a time to narrow it down, cause it sounds like an accessory bearing is bad.

Last edited:

VikingShotGun

Definitely not the power steering. The power steering pump is a vane type and wouldnt cause that. Definitely sounds internal. Does it get faster with acceleration? I wouldn't drive the or run the car till you figure it out
it doesn't get louder Sounds like it goes away to be honest