Clutch pedal keep getting soft

JCNOOGEN

Ok.. about a month ago.. i had a bad CMC ..then a friend of mine sold me a brand new Omni CMC .....i install it with a friend. Then bleed it. then about weeks later, the reservoir line to CMC is leaking so i replace that .. then i bleed the system for air.. then the next couple of days. i depress the clutch pedal then it went back up right away , then im about to depress the clutch pedal and shift to 2nd gear then suddenly the clutch pedal went to the floor . I though i sitll have air in my system , so me and another friend bleeded the system again. then everything fine..and then as soon as i press the clutch pedal.. and barely press it, i can see the clutch pedal have no pressure and depress it self .. then i picked the pedal up with my feet and it have pressure . :shock:
and trust me.. i bleed the system with a whole VALVOLINE big bottle of brake fluid....still does it.. im stoked. [please help.

some people said it could be my pressure plate.. but if my pressure plate is bad then it wouldnt not build any pressure into my clutch pedal when i picked up with my toe
some people said i have a bad slave cylinder...idk.. im bout to change it.
some people said i have a bad clutch line, it leaking somewhere but i have no ideas what clutch line look like or where it locate it at
and some people said i have a bad CMC but what are the odd that i have a bad OMNI CMC :(

sorry for bad grammar

Last edited:

JCNOOGEN

update.. i just surely check my clutch line and it dry as desert... no leak seem to show on the clutch line that goes from slave cylinder to Clutch master cylinder... dry as balls...lol.... i just ordered the clutch fluid reservoir hose.. and will change it tomorrow...and i hope is my Slave cylinder because it seem very very old..

JCNOOGEN

more than likely its your slave cylinder.
please put more info on it... why do u say that.. i want input sir.. and learn
im wait until more people input and help me sort this problem out..

well when the clutch pedal went to the floor and i picked up with my feet and i can hear the air coming out or in from the reservoir cap.. could it be my cap leak air in ??

Rich-PMS

taking the cap totally off of your CMC will do NOTHING to the way the assembly works. the ONLY time air effects the way it works is when there is air in the line.

your symptoms sound like air in the line, but you have:
bled clutch
replaced CMC
replaced clutch line

that really only leaves the slave cyl as the only other possible culprit.

in most cases the CMC and slave fail not too far away from each other. i've always replaced them when the other failed- unless it was a premature failure on a rebuilt replacement

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
is it an omni quick clutch? if so, that could be the problem. its hit or miss with that from what i know...
but it doesnt hurt to change out the slave cylinder tho :thumbs up

JCNOOGEN

just buy a clutch master and slave cylinder your problem will go away

clave cylinder = 40.00 shipped
clutch master (with res) = 45.00 shipped

buy both for 75.00 shipped

paypal is: SpooledupRacing@comcast.net

BRAND NEW I'll ship out to u on monday!
i already replace the CMC... omni power ... and i check all the line no leak... however i fill up my Reservoir.. and then i check againt .. like 2 hours of driving and then it almost down to half between the full line and the low line and i was like WTF.. i checked back and forth back and again and again.. and i have no ideas what happen.. and there no leak.. what the fuck.. lol im frustrated..i guess it leaking out from the slave cylinder because it alway seem like it wet

taking the cap totally off of your CMC will do NOTHING to the way the assembly works. the ONLY time air effects the way it works is when there is air in the line.

your symptoms sound like air in the line, but you have:
bled clutch
replaced CMC
replaced clutch line

that really only leaves the slave cyl as the only other possible culprit.

in most cases the CMC and slave fail not too far away from each other. i've always replaced them when the other failed- unless it was a premature failure on a rebuilt replacement
well when i still have my old CMC ... i check my driver side floor under the mat.. lol..is all wet .. so i therefore know is my CMC ... so then purchase one from a friend brand new... well u were right about bled the sys. replace CMC .. but i didnt replace Clutch line yet..

is it an omni quick clutch? if so, that could be the problem. its hit or miss with that from what i know...
but it doesnt hurt to change out the slave cylinder tho :thumbs up
well i have no idea which one i have as matter of stated before that i purchased from a friend..but it seem like omni only made one CMC .. so i guess i have QCMC then.. lol ( Quick CLutch Master Cylinder ) but i dont know if it suppose to be like that..

we see this all the time. i guess the new CMC has alot more pressure and makes the slave blow out too i always changed both
lol.. well however when i replace it.. it really stiff.. lol that could be it

Last edited:
I don't know about this "omni power" stuff, I have heard mixed reviews... MY PARTS are OEM replacements from JAPAN.. Quality stuff that work and have a 1year FREE replacement warranty.
I think you have a bad slave.. pull the rubber boot off of the slave cylinder and see if there is brake fluid in there.. if not check on the floor inside the car and see if the clutch master is leaking internally into the inside of the car.