Curious about my compression ratio

AcuraIntegLS

"Get you some"
My Integra has a b18a1 with b16 internals. I looked at the stock specs for my generation Integra and it says that it's 9.2:1 I was wondering if anyone might know what the comperssion ratio would with the swapped internals?

AcuraIntegLS

"Get you some"
Wow... Lol thanks man. Do I need to run high octane for that?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
um...technically yes, and technically no.
1 If its tuned to 87 octane with a chip then no, if its tuned to 91 on a chip then yes you need to pump 91
2. if its not tuned at all i would get it dyno tuned for fuel. I think something in the ECU does something when it sees too much compression.

The compression ratio is at sea level fyi but you will still be in the 10s either way

AcuraIntegLS

"Get you some"
Right, Right. Well I can't say for sure if it's been tuned or not. Honestly probably not because there isn't a whole lot done to the motor. I would love to get it tuned though, but finacially that's just not an option for me right now haha plus I'm not even sure where I would take it to. I don't think there's a shop near me with a dyno.

P.S. How the hell did you figure that out? Lol

Sorry for such a late response. I was in class and I had to drive back from Indianapolis lol

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Right, Right. Well I can't say for sure if it's been tuned or not. Honestly probably not because there isn't a whole lot done to the motor. I would love to get it tuned though, but finacially that's just not an option for me right now haha plus I'm not even sure where I would take it to. I don't think there's a shop near me with a dyno.

P.S. How the hell did you figure that out? Lol

Sorry for such a late response. I was in class and I had to drive back from Indianapolis lol
go to link just plug in your engine specs its easy

http://www.zealautowerks.com/bseries.html