DIY side exhaust idea

lownslo91

Im in the process of trying to create or fabricate a side exhaust for my 91.

4-2-1 megan headers
Stock cat

I don't really want to do the exhaust to thr back. Thinking if something a little different. Yes the vehicle is lowered but can be adjusted. I'm just looking for advice. I got a bs dual tip from autozone to begin this process with.

Any suggestions videos or tips to the idea are encouraged. Please no other crazy side comments or pictures. I need to.complete this task

Sent while flying on the highway in my teg.

Nick_C78

Check out how NASCAR has their side exhausts. That's the only way it'll work with being lowered

R13

The other asshole
I've always wanted to do this, It would be cool to have the majority of the exhaust sound at the drivers door.

R13

The other asshole
That's why you don't put it on an annoying ass honda :lol:

A subie would be more suiting if like me, You enjoy the low rumble.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
You can make it work.

So your speaking of side exits into the front fenders or out in front of the rear tires?

Either way without a muffler it's going to be as loud as a straight pipe.

There's no way to put a muffler underneath without cutting a hole into the body.

The only piping that I would consider for that job is oval piping, and that shit ain't cheap.

Headers, cat, 3" collector straight through into a muffler of choice with an electric cutoff and call it a day.

lownslo91

Good call fellas. I did some more research. The nascar idea i looked into really well but after about a hour of reading i start to notice that nascar car doesnt drive on daily roads nor do they have the unforgiving bumps and potholes on the street. Which why they are capable on riding so low. The don julios idea perfectly matched the guy at tuffy. It can be done. It is a shit ton of money and its not state legal here in va due to the level of sound it would create. So to keep the level of havoc i wanted my car to have, i purchased an entire magna flow dual exhaust system. Yes I'm obsessed with doing things in two. Thanks fellas for the advice on this modification. Hopefully i will see it done at one of these carshows this season. Good luck to you all

lownslo91

It took you an hour to realize that stock cars don't drive on normal roads?
No man that didn't take the hour. Finding out how they run their exhaust took me a hour. Gotta take some classes on google searching.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
i was gonna say, try sticking the exhaust out the side of the front bumper. But noise would be the issue.