Suspension Upgrade / Mainly Daily Driver

OneFastGSR

PB blaster and huge breaker bar, Works on everything so far for me lol

Crank pulley on my old red integra burnt up a snap-on impact. Breaker bar combo I got broke it loose...

cpeehler7

Banned
I'll give some of that a try, thanks for the advice. What sort of precautions do you take when using an open flame under the car? Do you put anything to cover the gas tank from sparks/fire?

cpeehler7

Banned
Alright, so the plan now is to just soak the bolts all week. Give it a go with the impact gun again later on to see if it works. If not, I talked to a local mechanic/racer. He has an EK Civic drag car and knows a lot about civic/integra suspensions. He said he could get the bolts out in an hour or two and charges $50/hr. I planned on having him align the car once I did the front end, but looks like I need more help from him.

I also asked if he could replace the rusted bolts on the front end while he has the car. That way I can work on the front end in a week or two without worrying about broken bolts. Starting a new job, so I need to have a working car. If I miss a day of work, that's worse than paying a guy a few bucks to get the bolts out. Crappy situation, but lesson learned the hard way hahah

cpeehler7

Banned
Sorry for the triple post... But just an update. Got the whole rear end finished. Skunk2 coils are in, F7 lca, and the Buddy Club camber kit are all good. The guy I took it to was real cool, he basically told me to bring it down to his shop and I can work on it myself with his stuff, and that he'd help me out if I can't get anything off, or give me some tips. It only took him 4 hours to get the rear end done, and replace all the bolts in the front LCAs so my impact gun would get it all off.

Real cool guy, looking forward to learning a lot building this car, and racing it, this solo season. Now I just have to do the front end (Coils, UCA, tie rods, lower ball joints, lca bushings). I figured I would do the PCV valve as well, since that's so cheap. And he also said my clutch slave may be starting to go, for $12-$15 it wouldn't hurt to replace it.

He said the bushings were really glued onto the bolts though. That's why I couldn't get them off. All the damn road salt and crappy NY weather melted those damn things to the bolts. He just cut it all off and used the bolts I bought online.

PioneerLS

Alright, so the plan now is to just soak the bolts all week. Give it a go with the impact gun again later on to see if it works. If not, I talked to a local mechanic/racer. He has an EK Civic drag car and knows a lot about civic/integra suspensions. He said he could get the bolts out in an hour or two and charges $50/hr. I planned on having him align the car once I did the front end, but looks like I need more help from him.

I also asked if he could replace the rusted bolts on the front end while he has the car. That way I can work on the front end in a week or two without worrying about broken bolts. Starting a new job, so I need to have a working car. If I miss a day of work, that's worse than paying a guy a few bucks to get the bolts out. Crappy situation, but lesson learned the hard way hahah
Same shit happened to me. I thought id be able to get the rear bolts out... totally wrong. Just took it to a shop my other friend usually goes to for performance stuff. Definitely post pics!

cpeehler7

Banned
Alright so, right now I have the whole rear done, I have to lift it up a bit to stop some rubbing, and maybe put a hair more camber on the back right wheel to even the car out. That said, a buddy of mine has convinced me to run my car a the first Solo even for the WNY SCCA this Sunday. I didn't plan on racing because I still have a stock front end, but he told me just to go, get some wheel time and worry about the rest later hahah.

So what I think I'm going to do is raise the rear up to the highest point for the skunk2s which is shockingly low btw. Then maybe put the front coils in. I didn't want to put the front coilovers in without changing the ball joints, but I don't have the time to do everything this weekend. Besides that my balljoints are rough, but not that bad. They should last through a race without too much of a problem.

Just curious, do you guys think it's a bad idea to put new coilovers without changing the ball joints? Or will it not matter that much? Figured I should ask for more experienced opinions. Nothing on my car is in catastrophically bad shape, so I think it will be fine for one race. Everyone has said, if it does go wrong, you have the parts and are surrounded by mechanics. So a race is the best place to screw up and get it fixed fast. Anyway, I think I'm going to suck it up and race. If I wuss out, I have a co-driving seat lined up as well...

Just wondering what your opinions are on this matter. If I do race I'll be sure to post some pictures on the forums. Heck maybe I need to start my own build/race thread rather than reviving this suspension thread repeatedly.