How can I fix my cigarette lighter in my car?

SHADOW

I drive a 1994 Acura Integra LS and my cigarette lighter doesn't work. Apparently the person who installed my cd player cut the wiring to the cigarette lighter and now there is nothing to connect it to. Where should I hard wire it to and how do I go about doing this? Thank you in advance for all your thoughts and suggestions.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
damn dude i think this happend to mine too. cuz i have this shady switch in my ashtray i guess for the remote wire and my lighter wont work either.

mirrorimg

Well you need to take the center console out and see if the wire is cut or not. If it is, you either need to find what it had been cut from and splice it into it, or run a wire with an inline fuse from the fuse box. There are spots in the fuse box you can plug into, I believe there are 4, maybe 5. At these connections, power is either always on, on when key is in the ignition position, or when key is in the accessory position.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
Well you need to take the center console out and see if the wire is cut or not. If it is, you either need to find what it had been cut from and splice it into it, or run a wire with an inline fuse from the fuse box. There are spots in the fuse box you can plug into, I believe there are 4, maybe 5. At these connections, power is either always on, on when key is in the ignition position, or when key is in the accessory position.
so much work. haha.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
im only a state away. wanna meet up. im supposed to come see jim sometime if i ever get time.

mirrorimg

Jim is 3 hours north of me, and it was quite a drive just to go up to where he is ;) It really isnt nearly as hard as it sounds. Taking the interior peiced out to access the cigarette lighter is simple, just a few scres holding it all in. Then its just a matter of seeing if anything is visibly wrong with it. If there is a cut wire, you just ask where you can run it into.

SHADOW

When I installed my second cd player, I personally saw the wire cut. I just need to know the steps as to how to run a wire from the fuse box back to the cut wire. Thanks