1990 LS Cigarette Lighter

SoCalDog

I have a simple question:

My Cigarette lighter always has power to it, even if the key is on the off position. From my personal experience, most imports have their cigarette lighters on a switched circuit...is this not true for a 1990 Integra?

I don't have a wire diagram of the car, so I can't verify this....anyone have a pdf wire diagram for 1990?

Thanks

8v fury

8v fury
Sounds like someone did some wiring bypass. Double check the wiring behind the lighter, but be careful, cause I have seen from my years working at a couple car stereo shops, what people do and it sometimes was a nightmare and dangerous.

DeathMetalTony

Its the same for my car as well I think newer cars had that problem fixed. When I had my Camaro it also worked even though the ignition was off. But on my work truck 2005 Tundra it actually needs the ignition to be on in order to work.

Tony.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I love that I can plug my phone in the car while it's not on

Sammich

*newb ass type bump, but just incase anyone else runs into this problem and searches and finds this thread*

through research on g2ic i found out that's how it is on 90-91s (i think just those two years) it always has power to it. i was stomped as well then searched on g2ic and found out thats how it is from the factory

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Yup, my 90 & 91 both did this lol, my 92 has to use teh key for power to it. I was annoyed by this when I got my 92. It was rather convenient really.

Sammich

i wonder if its really worth rewiring to come on w/ the key though...hmmm

Sammich

lol kinda sucks cuz that one day i forget to remove my charger/radar detector it'd drain my battery