Ignition Problem 91 GS

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
sup CI ??? I have a problem with my integra. (obviously). I am 100% sure my ignition switch is bad. I've checked everything. I thought maybe my clutch sensor was bad, but it wasnt. I thought maybe the starter thing thats beside the cd player was bad.. it wasnt. I've checked everything it could be and nothing has worked. I turn my key to the on possition, everything turns on like it should. the main relay clicks on and everything. I turn the key to the start possition and nothing happens. It doesnt click, roll over, anything. I tried to pull the ignition switch apart and clean off the contacts, and that didnt even work. So as of now I have a push start button underneath my hood connected to the starter. And this is the whole reason why am even writing this. I want to wire a push start button directly to the back of the ignition swtich, but I dont know what wires are for the starter. If anyone has any clue as to what wires are connected to the starter so I can solder my push start button and relocate it to the inside of my car it would be greatly appreciated. It really sucks having to pop my hood and press a button hoping its not in gear and run me over. lol.. Thanks CI. Hoping to hear what u have to offer. Pics are greatly appreciated too. Thanks!

Oh and the only reason I dont want to just buy a new ignition switch is because I priced them and they are $200 - $250.00 new. and I'm tight on cash as it is so... yeah....

And I also know I could buy the rollers and pin assembly for like $50.00 new too but I just want to wire a button to it instead. so if thats ur suggestion, thanks for the thought, but I really just want to wire it to a button instead.

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
Bump... it would be sweet if anyone has done this before. Or at least a link to somewhere showing what wires to use. I think that its the black / white wire and black / yellow wire but I spliced into them and soldered the wires there and it doesnt work so im guessing its not it.. so before I got crazy someone please help me.

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
Bump... it would be sweet if anyone has done this before. Or at least a link to somewhere showing what wires to use. I think that its the black / white wire and black / yellow wire but I spliced into them and soldered the wires there and it doesnt work so im guessing its not it.. so before I got crazy someone please help me.
or not.. ?

jason_guy_yeah

There's a small wire that goes to the starter solenoid which is on top of the starter. Hook that up to your switch , then from the positive wire.

danda2

da-dan
i have one

i have a push button start it is the blk/wht you will still have to push the clucth and turn the key try replacing the relay still just because it clicks dont mean its good try checking the main fuse i blow mind while doing this its a 70amp under the hood . and if the button dont work from the inside switch it will be the relay or an open in the criciut i hope this helps

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
i have a push button start it is the blk/wht you will still have to push the clucth and turn the key try replacing the relay still just because it clicks dont mean its good try checking the main fuse i blow mind while doing this its a 70amp under the hood . and if the button dont work from the inside switch it will be the relay or an open in the criciut i hope this helps
i thought that it was the black / white wire. Right now i have the starter running off of the two hook ups from the starter. the one with the 12mm nut and the one with the plug. It works every once in a white, but the button under the hood works every time. I tried running it off of the black / white wire plus a 12v source and it didnt do anything even with the clutch pushed in. I know the main relay is fine though because if it was messed up then wouldnt my car not start at all?

danda2

da-dan
let me open up my car and see to make sure its been a while i get back to you and let you know how i have it set up.

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
yeah i have it on the blk/wht
yeah i figured it out.. I was running too high of gauge wiring. went with 10 gauge ignition wiring and it worked fine.. now is there any way to have it so you have to have the key turned on to make power to it? Right now i have it wired directly to the starter, but I'de kinda like it connected to the key so i cant just sit in my car without a key and press the button and hear the engine roll over

danda2

da-dan
its a bit complicated since your igntion switch dont work mine still works and thats how i did mine by going of the igntion switch wiring let me think on that. the wire that is coming out from the igntion switch the black and white is what i used, now make sure it is the all blk with white strip threw it. thats where i put my switch