Is my ECU bad?Please Help

lectrode

I tried the search button first and could not find much.

I'm trying to run a code check using the jumper method and when I turn the ignition on
to count the flashes the light is steady on.No flashes just on.

What does that mean??:???:

I sure need some help because it is running like crap,sputtering & backfiring & popping.The
exhaust is getting hotter than normal as well.

When reving it up it sputters real bad and when it reaches around 4000-4500 rpms it
kinda flatlines or stalls out kinda,I hope somebody knows what I mean.That is why
I'm trying to pull codes from it.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Check for spark, check for fuel, and or course air. If you have all three then it's possibly internal (something wrong with the motor) or vacuum, or electrical, or bad cat (but doesn't sound like that).

heykosal

Angkorian
Are you sure you're doing it right? Have the right connector and turning the key to the ON position? Maybe you're only turning it to ACCessory and thats why it just stays lit. Is the ABS and other warning lights on as well?

lectrode

We have had this car for years and I have always been able to do it before.

94GSRteggy

My car is doing the exact same thing, but when i hit 4000 4500 the tach jumps all around before it dies, and the speedometer too. when I check my codes my cel stays constant but my abs flashes a code 1 and 2. If you figure it out let me know.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
^ the ecu could also affect VTEC, my friend has some random ECU (we dont know what kind) and he has LC and cant engage vtec unless he launches. so it may be the ecu its self. (wiring and solenoid are good)

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
yes but if the vtec plug has a problem it will run on it's primary lobes and will run like shit up top.