Someone in Idaho wins $220 million

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Powerball waits for winner to claim 10th-largest jackpot

Boise, Idaho - Someone who bought a Powerball lottery ticket here over the weekend has won a $220.3 million jackpot, the 10th largest jackpot ever awarded by the multistate lottery, officials said Sunday.

Nobody stepped forward to claim the prize as of late Sunday afternoon, and the Lottery office will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day, Idaho Lottery spokeswoman Patricia Wellman said.

The ticket was sold at a Jacksons Food Store on Orchard Street, a central city neighborhood near the freeway. It is the same store that sold an $87 million winning ticket about 10 years ago to Boise resident Pam Hiatt.

Wellman said lottery winners usually show up quickly with the winning ticket in hand. But because of the holiday, the winner could be out in the backcountry, sleeping in a tent.

The winner must decide whether to take the money over 30 payments of $7.4 million a year or cash the winnings out with a lump sum payment of $125.3 million, state lottery officials said in a prepared statement.

The Jacksons store will receive a $50,000 bonus, and the state of Idaho will receive a $10 million windfall.

Powerball is played in 29 U.S. states and territories.

The winning ticket matched all five numbers and the Powerball to win Saturday’s drawing. The numbers were: 39-24-05-28-07, with Powerball 36; Power Play 04.

Lottery spokeswoman Sue Dooley said another 29 people matched all five regular numbers. Those tickets are worth $100,000. For choosing the Power Play option and matching all five numbers, one winner will get $400,000.

DownShift96GSR

Wow, that lucky bastard. Now with those 30 payments, is that just one payment a year, or are they gonna get a monthly check?

What would you do? Take it all and run, or take the payments?

I would take it all and run because all the taxes would already be taken care of.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
im 21, and i would take the lump sum. if you die within those 30 years, they dont have to pay the rest to your family.

01cleatus

True take the money and run. 125 million.... put 50 million in savings, 25 million in bonds, 25 million in the stock market, and the remainder 25 million will be spent on buying everything and anything that I personally wanted or all my close friends wanted. I would probably give my closests friends a million each so I am not the only millionaire out of the group. Man I would have an NSX in every color.......Oh yeah!

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
01cleatus said:
True take the money and run. 125 million.... put 50 million in savings, 25 million in bonds, 25 million in the stock market, and the remainder 25 million will be spent on buying everything and anything that I personally wanted or all my close friends wanted. I would probably give my closests friends a million each so I am not the only millionaire out of the group. Man I would have an NSX in every color.......Oh yeah!
So well said. I would do the same. hey, that fawker who won lives 4 hours away from me...... I even have friends in that city!!!!!

ltrain

i think i would get everysingle upgrade i could for my car im talkin all out on the motor internals and all out on the turbo the best of everything and go 4 the jdm look probably be like 100,000 by the time im done invested in the car then id put some 16's go on the street and just toast the first mustang i see givin me a look

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
i would buy a nice house with a 3 car garage. buy an additional garage spot where it will have a lift so i can work on cars. buy a truck for hauling, buy a bike or two, buy a daily driver like a Toyota Prius. but a all out race car (road racing), and buy an exotic for cruising. buy the family houses and give them some moolah as well. save most of the rest and play around in the stock market with the rest

01cleatus

ltrain said:
i think i would get everysingle upgrade i could for my car im talkin all out on the motor internals and all out on the turbo the best of everything and go 4 the jdm look probably be like 100,000 by the time im done invested in the car then id put some 16's go on the street and just toast the first mustang i see givin me a look
definately gotta Fu%k with Mustangs bro!