how to turbo b18c1

element1713

i just bought a remanufactured b18c1 to put in my 2000 teg. i have an extra $3000 left over and im not sure if thats enough to put together a turbo kit so i am looking for some input from people that have turbo this engine and where i should start with internals maybe? im looking to run around 6psi cause its my daily driver and i dont want to blow the motor up :)

Lambo-LS

So its not just the block rite? With turboing that motor your going to have to get low compresion pistons first cuz the compression ratio is like 10.(somthin) or 11.....you want to be around at least 9......and if you going to go that route why not just sleeve it so that way you can run whatever you want whenever you want.. but ya to answer your question you need to start with the internals first then upgrade you injectors to like i would say at least 550cc.........but after you do everything you gotta think about tunning as well you can just slap on a turbo cuz you ecu will not be set to run everything properly.....hope that at least gets you started in the right direction.....the people your going ot order parts from will prob help to.....

patrick4588

Integra God
a stock internal gsr can handle 300-350whp fine if its tuned properly. a turbo kit will set you back around 3000, so you are close. its best to have about 500 or so set aside in case something happens or you need something unexpected though.

rob1570

DC2 GS-R
yea make sure you get a good ems though because tuning is important

heykosal

Angkorian
You don't need to do any internal work to run 6lbs on a moderate turbo.
x2..just piece together some quality parts and you'll have a great setup with the $500 left over for unexpected expenses like Pat said..or possibly more. Plus upgradable should you decide to up the boost. Don't forget Hondata for tuning. Take the time to do dome research it'll save you a bunch of headache and surprises when you're putting it all together. A good place to start is the Forced Induction FAQ elsewhere on this forum.

GSROWNSU

dont really need 550cc injectors 450 should be good for 6psi
all depends on the hp goal not boost level :) When it comes to injectors always buy slightly more than what you need. I have 550's but they're being pushed to 360 whp.

element1713

from what i read and the different opinions im getting here, i going to try and run the turbo with stock internals and get either a hondata or AEM cpu and i have a reliable tuning shop that i go to for other work now. i dont plan on buying a turbo kit from a website from say GREDDY but piecing one together because it will save me money and i am making my own manifold with my mig welder. doing this, no matter the boost i run, i think i can tune it to stay within specs of internal capacites of the stock b18c1 head, block, and tranny. do those statements have any validity to them, its going off research, friends, and different forums?

patrick4588

Integra God
aem is so hard to tune. just get hondata s300. making your own manifold is fine if you know what you are doing. pm D16_turbo, he started making his own a while ago and does a pretty good job. he has a tig welder though.

Spody02

Name: Cody
just make sure to upgrade that clutch and that really all the internal work you have to do.