Tachometer? How to fix?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
how do I know if its getting power.. I really don't wanna take dash out because I have the speedo ghetto

GSR FTW

so the rest of your dash works just the tach doesnt work?

GSR FTW

u wld have to take the cluster out and check to see if the tach's power wire has power on it and if it does then the tach is broken

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
okay I guess ill have to take it gback out.. its just a biatch to get that speed cable on now since I broke it... i have to drive just to get it to go in lol so which wires are they.. and yes the wholke thigns works but rpm. And will it work wiithout it plugged in like to test? because it would be biatch to get in with my tester without the cluster out

GSR FTW

i think its green or a blue wire from the dizzy and you could use a voltmeter or a test light to see if it has power w/o putting it back in

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Okay I took it out again, heres information I attained when testing..

FIRST Plug from Drivers side wires going left to right when plugged in. WITH ENGINE Running!

RedYellow -Bad BlueWhite - Good BlackYellow - Good OrangeGreen - Bad Yellow - Good Black - Bad
GreenYellow - Bad Green - Bad Blue - Bad BlueRed - Good RedBlue - Bad

SECOND Plug

YellowGreen - Bad RedBlack - Good Red - Good RedYellow - Bad WhiteYellow - Bad
Redgreen - Bad blackgreen - good 2ndRedGreen - Bad 2ndRedYellow - Bad

NOT GOOD AT electronics so don't hurt me =( and the underlines means striped color

what plug should i be looking at for text and what wires because theres a lot not getting power =(

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Okay I went through my haynes book and I think I found what wire it is, I think its the blue one??? because it says so in the book for instrument panel warning lights and guages system. Its pointing to a distributor assembly... is that the distributor for the ignition???? or where is this thing?

Crap sorry for double posting

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
well there was two plugs I was confused on which one... I went through other forum and found its the 2 wire plug... wasn't getting positive signal from it, but I was getting negative signal from it... as was I at the cluster... I am assuming thats what the charge is and will just get a new cluster unless someone has something to say?