damn cold Idaho weather!

mattr89lxi

so i just got back from the gas station and well i didnt leave it in a good mood:(

so as i turn my car off i heard my antanna clicking and clicking and clicking get out and its covered in a thick layer of ice ...i break off all the ice and try it out and still wont go down!!!!
well it was cold as fuck outside so i said f*ck it ill deal with it later and went on to pump my gas pulled the lever and nuthing happend looked at it and it was frozen shut! so i pulled and pull and it wouldnt open and by this time i was very fustrated and started hiting it to break the ice that was all the way around the door and well that worked and i got it open but now when i close it it stays popped out and not flush with the body..

how do i fix this? is the bent metal peice connected to the door what positions it in the right place?

speedin

The Transporter
so i just got back from the gas station and well i didnt leave it in a good mood:(

so as i turn my car off i heard my antanna clicking and clicking and clicking get out and its covered in a thick layer of ice ...i break off all the ice and try it out and still wont go down!!!!
well it was cold as fuck outside so i said f*ck it ill deal with it later and went on to pump my gas pulled the lever and nuthing happend looked at it and it was frozen shut! so i pulled and pull and it wouldnt open and by this time i was very fustrated and started hiting it to break the ice that was all the way around the door and well that worked and i got it open but now when i close it it stays popped out and not flush with the body..

how do i fix this? is the bent metal peice connected to the door what positions it in the right place?
You need some patents man.... you may have bent something is my guess. Wait till everything thaws a bit. Or warm that area up before working on it. Did you bend the door? What about its latch? Maybe the release is stuck open? Get a THIN screwdriver and hammer. Next time it happens just hammer the screwdriver into the gap around the gas door and avoid the paint, then open. Or be very careful with a torch LOL. This is another reason why I hate the fucking cold. Everything sucks!

rockadilla

thats right.
Damn dude that sucks sorry to hear that :(

Glad I live in phoenix :lol:

As for the door it sounds like that little piece of metal on the door that holds the door shut got bent or something so u'll have to bend it back

mattr89lxi

yeah 3rd day of snow this year barely and i already hate it! but ill check it out in the morning..hopefully i didnt break anything! these negative number days were getting over here really suck!

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Damn I just hope this winter I don't half to open my trunk to get in my car,haha.

Haveing db8 rear door handels suck in winter. I really need a DD for winter. Cheer up though man,could be worse, your car coulda died at gas station, or fuel lines frozen shut! Lol

FanegedWolf3

Damn I just hope this winter I don't half to open my trunk to get in my car,haha.

Haveing db8 rear door handels suck in winter. I really need a DD for winter. Cheer up though man,could be worse, your car coulda died at gas station, or fuel lines frozen shut! Lol
LOL. yah bro chill out.

its cold here in washington the last week it have been below 30F and no SNOW like for real right it needs to snow if it is that cold. but on the other hand i can drive my car on a dry surface this is a very good thing...but i need the snow caz i am sick of school only 5 more days till brake!!! yes.

phatintegra

Banned
I stick with 2 things: 1 garage kept and 2 remote starter (leave the heater on).

mattr89lxi

yeah remote starter is one of them things ive bin wanting to git for the longest times buy dont know a good route brand or type to git when looking? what works good?