Tein-S Springs with Coilover sleeves?

735e32

Im MEL.
im thinking it wont make any difference height wise unless you want to raise your car..
because the coilover sleeve springs are way shorter than those.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
i was thinking the same. because i'm getting those springs from a friend for dirt cheap, but i don't like the drop. i currently am dropped on some whack ass coilovers and i like my ride height. i just want the teins for the better ride quality.

735e32

Im MEL.
i know what you mean, i was riding on ebay coilover sleeves forever on its lowest setting and i was bouncing around everywhere. im glad i upgraded.

heres my 2 cents: If you like your stance the way it is and you can handle the poor ride quality then stick with the sleeves. but if you want a better ride then get those springs and rock those, untill you can get some full coilovers.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
Yeah. well it's a day to day thing. i commute around 40ish miles a day (not that much compared to most drivers here), but only for school. And the freeway i gotta go on was probably made by drunk construction workers or whoever's job it was to create roads. Sometimes, i don't mind my car flopping around, but other days, i just can't stand it. So my friend offered these from when he had his DC.

I was thinking of doing this + getting some shocks. Koni's or the cheap route for now, Skunk 2 Pros shocks.

And last thing, even with the whack ebay coilovers, if i bought some shocks, would my ride be smoother?

735e32

Im MEL.
i heard it does make it better, but i never tried it. try looking up information on people who have done it.
i feel the same way with you man, i use to drive everywhere with my car bouncing, i mean i didnt mind i got used to it, but some days i couldn't stand it. haha

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
I get different reactions every time i ask others.

some friends keep claiming ONLY if the shocks are adjustable, the ride would feel tons better. less flopping around and more OEM + handling.

and then others keep claiming just go OEM.

I want to try both: the Tein-S + Coilover Sleeves + Koni's/Skunk 2's

and the Ebay + Koni/Skunks. but funds are holding me back from trying out both. only 1.

But hey man, thanks for your tips/advice. i appreciate it a lot.

735e32

Im MEL.
I get different reactions every time i ask others.

some friends keep claiming ONLY if the shocks are adjustable, the ride would feel tons better. less flopping around and more OEM + handling.

and then others keep claiming just go OEM.

I want to try both: the Tein-S + Coilover Sleeves + Koni's/Skunk 2's

and the Ebay + Koni/Skunks. but funds are holding me back from trying out both. only 1.

But hey man, thanks for your tips/advice. i appreciate it a lot.
no problem, and i can tell you right now. konis will be great with the sleeve because you can adjust those.
i have a friend that runs them and he love them.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
ah, i can tell. just so hard finding cheap konis. And if i can afford the Koni Adjustables, i'd rather go an extra half a mile and buy some full coilovers instead.

just for now, i want something comfortable and cheap. aka Skunk 2's.

but i don't know. maybe i'll deal with the jumping for some more time and save up for some Tein full coilovers instead.