Tell me what you think.(Detailing)

JGvtec

Let me know how i did. Good or bad. Even what i can work on.

I went to town on my moms car washed it, polish, still need to wax.
Stupid flash ruined some. Oh well.

YEAR: 2003
MODEL: TL TYPE S
MILEAGE: 115,000

Thanks, Jordan

mirrorimg

Looks good Jordan. What polish did you use? Were there a lot of swirls that needed to be buffed out? (and were you doing this by hand, as you were asking about a polisher in the vip).

Because winter is approaching, I would suggest to use a sealant as opposed to wax. You could even put the wax on after the sealant has cured. Sealant has a longer lifespan on the car and will require fewer applications over the winter to maintain protection from the elements. It wont give the depth in the color that wax does though.

JGvtec

Looks good Jordan. What polish did you use? Were there a lot of swirls that needed to be buffed out? (and were you doing this by hand, as you were asking about a polisher in the vip).

Because winter is approaching, I would suggest to use a sealant as opposed to wax. You could even put the wax on after the sealant has cured. Sealant has a longer lifespan on the car and will require fewer applications over the winter to maintain protection from the elements. It wont give the depth in the color that wax does though.
This was done with Meguiar's Polish. Whenever i polish or wax a car i use two detailing cloths. One to wipe off and other to make sure everything is off and good. Yea i hope to score on a Porter 7424XP sometime soon. Im sure you hear or seen i have been wanting to do detailing. im slowly but surely getting there. Learning new things everyday. I read about sealant and how it protects your car for a longer period of time. But say your doing a full outer detail when would you apply it, also would you apply wax with it too or no?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
looks like you took a green scrubber pad to it.

F-

:D

mirrorimg

I dont think you can apply wax on top of sealant for at least 12 hours. Its really dependent on the product you use, as each manufacturers recommendations are different. Sealant, also, need to set and cure for about 20 minutes before you wipe it off, unlike wax. That means more waiting time.

Theres a ton of info out there. I used Autogeek.net to learn quite a bit, and other places to pick up better practices when washing the car. Heres some info on wax vs sealant.

http://paintcarendetailing.com/wax.html

JGvtec

I dont think you can apply wax on top of sealant for at least 12 hours. Its really dependent on the product you use, as each manufacturers recommendations are different. Sealant, also, need to set and cure for about 20 minutes before you wipe it off, unlike wax. That means more waiting time.

Theres a ton of info out there. I used Autogeek.net to learn quite a bit, and other places to pick up better practices when washing the car. Heres some info on wax vs sealant.

http://paintcarendetailing.com/wax.html
Thats actually where i read it at before, but i forgot. :smackself:
Yea, ill look into getting some of that for winter. The good thing is my moms car is garage kept as you can see.
Hopefully my moms hood won't get any worse than it is. We had it repainted but it still chipped. My dad built the garage. Its a man's dream. Basically a man cave. 4 car garage. A Lift. I wish my dad got the other lift we have a drive on lift, not the ones with the forks.

goofygamer

You have a lift in your garage? Dude that's beast.

Awesome job on the detailing. Silver doesn't do a good detailing job justice. haha

JGvtec

You have a lift in your garage? Dude that's beast.

Awesome job on the detailing. Silver doesn't do a good detailing job justice. haha
Yea, more room for more stuff :thumbs up. Also silver isn't good detailing justice i always thought it was black.