ecu for turbo b18c1?

djh1991

ok, so i know nothing about ecus except they take readings from o2 and c02 sensors and use that to put the correct amount of fuel/air into engine.

i dont even know how to take the ecu out and check it out. so.

which ecu would be best for a b18c1 turbo?
and is hondata s300 worth the good amount of money for it? or should i get just a flashed ecu..

which leads me to my next question..what does it mean exactly to get my ecu flashed?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Any obd1 ecu will work, they will need to be chipped and tuned. Now what does that mean? That means you must buy some sort of fuel management system i.e Hondata, Neptune, ecTune and have it installed into your ecu (chipped). You will then need to have the car tuned before it will run properly. If you get a non vtec ecu, they will just need to add the vtec function to the ecu.

"Reflashing" is a term used most commonly with K series and "flash pro" so that doesn't really apply to you.

Your best bet is to call your local speed shop and talk to their tuner, or call whoever you have planned to tune the car and see what they reccomend. A lot of times a tuner prefers to use 1 program over the other because they are more familiar with it. I personally like Hondata, but others prefer Neptune, ecTune..different strokes for different folks.