Changed head gasket, TDC problem

drpepper123

I have a 94 integra non vtec.
Changed my head gasket
head is back on, 1st cylinder is 1 inch below the very top of block.
rockers are all mix up
cam arrow was both pointing up before taking apart. now it wont point up if i want the camshaft to stay in.
i also skip a step, i just slide the timing belt off. Now when i slide the timing belt back on, up arrow wont point up, 1 point at 1 oclock and the other point at 11 oclock.

How do i put my cam shaft back on and everything at tdc? It seem like my camshaft wont even go in now, is it because my mix my rockers? Thanks in advance

JR87

Number one needs to be at the very top of its stroke. both cam gears should be pointing UP. Just get it as close as possible.

Prozon

Kris
In the event someone else searches and this thread pops up...

Set the camshaft as close to "UP" as you can and torque down the cam caps. After they are torqued down turn the cams manually with a wrench or by hand. The cam cap nearest the gear has a hole you can put something in it to hold the cam in place. Line the crankshaft up with the mark on the oil pump, and make sure both cam gears are facing up. Then install the timing belt.

I think the problem the OP was having was that the cam caps were not torqued down when he was trying to line the cam up.
(And yes, I know this is an old thread.)