help with external Tachometer

92DA_DOHC_ITR

Hey CI i have a small question
i have a tachometer i ran all the wires correctly except the green one. which is the one to get the rpms.
it gives me the connection but not correctly how can i fix this?? i got the signal from the distributor coil cable:???:

Prozon

Kris
What do you mean by that.. it gives you the connection but not correctly?
Which wire do you have it hooked up to?

If I can remember correctly, and I may not be..
Green wire goes to the blue on the distributor.

Thats just off the top of my head.. I only had the tach wired when I was testing some stuff on my motor.
Whats wrong with your factory tach?

Prozon

Kris
Edit:
The one going to your distributor should be the "signal" wire. The green wire. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking lol.

Last edited:

92DA_DOHC_ITR

Lol sorry but correct the blue wire from the distributor is my signal n the green wire from the external tach need to be connected to the signal wire but I don't get a perfect signal

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Possibility that's why your stock one isn't working, make sure the wires are good with no kinks or exposed wires, they're old and brittle, just a stab in the dark at your situation, but you might check it out

92DA_DOHC_ITR

koo thanks i just finish following the blue cable and nothing cable is good.
idk why but still not giving me a correct rpm

Prozon

Kris
If your aftermarket tach is doing the same as your factory tach, i'm going to assume it's a wiring issue somewhere along the line. How do you know it's not giving the correct RPM's?

92DA_DOHC_ITR

my oem tach either works or doesnt n
when im gassing my car the rpm on the aftermarket tach doesnt move much it goes to 2k rpms
and thats me you can say redlining but idk...