Tein Coilovers: Basic vs. SS

g3teg97

Super Moderator
The main difference I see between the Basics and the Super streets is that the SS's have 16 levels of damping force. For everyday street use, would that be neccesary or over kill?

Tein Super Street Damper - $ 949.99
- High performance and cost effective.
- 16 levels of damping force adjustment (compression and rebound together).
- Ride height adjustable.
- New paint coating for rust prevention.
- Pillow ball mounts are optional (on certain applications).
- Exclusive design for USA vehicle specifications (only available for the U.S.A Market).
- Available for overhaul.

Tein Basic Damper - $ 712.99
- High performance and cost effective.
- Ride Height adjustable.
- New paint coating for rust prevention.
- Pillow ball mounts are optional (on certain applications).
- Exclusive design for USA vehicle specifications.
(only available for the U.S.A Market).
- Available for overhaul.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i say go with the basic kit the other might be overkill if you arent gonna be racing your car

g3teg97

Super Moderator
That's what I'm thinking because of the price and the 16 levels of damping force are the only difference.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
teggyls said:
i say go with the basic kit the other might be overkill if you arent gonna be racing your car
What he said, I would only get the other ones and put the damping setting to soft to get it back to the stock ride feeling because definatelly with the basics is gonna be stiffer the stock

newspeed

i've been debating the same exact thing the past couple of months. i found the tein basics for 690 on www.jhpusa.com i think thats what ill go with as well. good luck dude

Sonik

Hey guys now that we are on this subject, wanted to know, you guys think that bump stoppers play a big role in suspension? cuz I think I need to replace mine, a piece of it fell off one day i was under the car, so Im thinking about replacing all 4, but another thing is, IF you go too low on lowreing your ride, doesn't that right there pretty much eliminate bump stoppers out of the subject? I mean don't these only work when the car is under normal car height? If Im wrong, then what type of lowering is still acceptable for these not to rip or split?

newspeed

g3teg97 said:
The only reason I've considered the SS is because you can set the damping.

a guy on team integra just put basics on his gsr and he says that they ride so nice, so how important is the adjustment to you? i guess it would be nice to crank it sometimes and have it be super stiff

g3teg97

Super Moderator
newspeed said:
a guy on team integra just put basics on his gsr and he says that they ride so nice, so how important is the adjustment to you? i guess it would be nice to crank it sometimes and have it be super stiff
Yeah I saw that thread. The drop is amazing. I think it might be nice to be able to adjust it for autoxing whenever I go do that..Just trying to get feedback on the suspension.

96 LS

g3teg97 said:
Yeah I saw that thread. The drop is amazing. I think it might be nice to be able to adjust it for autoxing whenever I go do that..Just trying to get feedback on the suspension.
anyone with a link?

soldiaboy

I have the tein basic. they ride smooth as hell, its basically oem with a drop. Ive had them for a year now, never bottomed out or had a single issue. my only complaint is that the drop is not as low as I wish. I personally like the slammed look and I have 14s so the 3 inch drop doesnt cut it. other than that 8)

I plan on selling mines If I do get a teg, is it true that it wont fit a dc2?
anyways if you dont auto x I wouldnt bother.I plan on doing a little auto x so my next setup with have the adjustablily

CHILD

all day all JDM
The civic coilovers aren't gonna work for the integra......they aren't made to carry the same load as the integra so the teg will ride weird.

The tein basics are a very good set-up to ride on. Some people get really picky about how their car feels while driving and of course the auto-X plays a big part, so those really would be the only reasons to get the SS's.