Tein basic trouble

jdmkid5000

hey guys hows it going im new to this whole forum thing but i just bought a 96 integra with tein basic coil overs on and the other day i went to have my wheel bearing replaced and asked the mechanic if he could lower the front end slightly because when i bought it for some reason the back was lower then the front any ways to get to the point the mechanic said he couldnt lower it why wouldnt he be able to lower it i thought that they were adjustable coilovers can some one please help me out thanks guys

jdmkid5000

common guys no one has even a thought about what it could be? i hate the way the car is sitting it looks horrable

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Maybe the fronts are already as low as they can go? Do you have any pics? Have you tried raising the back?

94dc2hb

well with all the coilovers i have seen you need a special wrench to raise or lower you car cuz it uses two nuts that lock on each other and the wrenches are used to make sure that the nuts are tight together.... not most people have these just laying on there garage floor cuz they get lost easy or you leand it out and they dont come back i knoe 3 people with coilovers and only 1 person still has there wrenches

jdmkid5000

i do have pictures i just cant figure out how to post them...? thanks again for the help guys and how would i rise the back and if i did so would i have to get a new alighnment or anything like that?

built_ls

pictures didn't show. do you have the two wrenches (shaped like a question mark).

built_ls

to post pictures copy the "image URL', click on the icon with the picture of the mountain, and paste the URL in the box that pops up

jdmkid5000

serious it didnt show up thats weird it shows up on my screen....and no i dont have the wrenches the guy i bought the car from didnt give them to me

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Save the picture to your computer. Upload to imageshack or photo bucket and then copy the URL here

01TegLuv

are the full tein coilover system or just tein springs with the screw on coilovers springs? it could be the car didnt have the right shocks and it was lowered to the point where the shocks got beat up on the rear and are now done and lowered unintentionally. you could try checking out the coilovers to see if theyre adjustable, just by taking off your wheel after a jackign and taking a look. also check if you need new shocks and if you lower go with like tokico or koni for lowering spring kits. they are made to work with lowering springs and take more of a beating.

that and if you have the coilovers that basically are just adjustable springs with the screw boot and those two rings that you need that question mark looking wrench for, you can just go on amazon and buy a cheap coilver kit and not use the cheap spring they come with and just use the wrenches. also have extra rings if anything theyre pretty much the coilovers.

http://www.amazon.com/Godspeed-1994-2001-Acura-Coilover/dp/B005GSEXX6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1318722299&sr=8-2

if you have a real coilover system thats a bit different yet still adjustable and all one piece, springs that work well with shocks.

jdmkid5000

they are the full tein basic coilover system with springs and all ill up load some pics on the coilovers and car hopefully tomorrow and figure out how to up load them

Str8Boostin

Sleeper
Here's the way I post pictures (as well as most forum users on a wide variety of forums).

Save whatever picture you wish to post onto your computer.

Go to photobucket and create an account.

Upload the saved picture from your computer onto your photobucket account. Photobucket allows you to edit pictures in different ways and save them online. You also have the ability to resize/crop pictures as well as creating multiple albums for better organization.

Once you upload a picture, it will save into your album/account. Click on the picture. On the lower right, you will see a box with various links that would direct someone to that picture and/or album.

Copy the direct link (an example will be my signature taken from my photobucket - http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab16/sirsoapmaister/RX7/Banner.jpg)

Now, when you reply to a post, above the text box you will see a variety of buttons/options. Click the yellow box that symbolizes a portrait of a mountain. This will bring up a dialog box, paste the link you copied from your picture on photobucket.

Another way to post a picture is by typing the code here shown in bold

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
well with all the coilovers i have seen you need a special wrench to raise or lower you car cuz it uses two nuts that lock on each other and the wrenches are used to make sure that the nuts are tight together.... not most people have these just laying on there garage floor cuz they get lost easy or you leand it out and they dont come back i knoe 3 people with coilovers and only 1 person still has there wrenches