question about headlight replacement (pics inside)

dburns

can i replace just the broken reflector piece inside or is replacing the whole housing unit necessary?
[/IMG]

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i'd probably replace the whole thing for a cleaner job. opening and re-sealing the headlight is never the same cause it might leak and water can get in. but it can be done if you have spare parts. but a complete pair of headlights is roughly $150 for a clean used set.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
i'd probably replace the whole thing for a cleaner job. opening and re-sealing the headlight is never the same cause it might leak and water can get in. but it can be done if you have spare parts. but a complete pair of headlights is roughly $150 for a clean used set.
Actually resealing can be a bonus factor for better sealant if you're capable of using it correctly . Op , I'd suggest local junkyard for the single one or your local cl .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

mendoza

I have a spare set that has the reflector stuff

dburns

Yeah I saw new driver side only on a few sites for around 200 was trying to avoid having to replace whole unit. planned on doing a nice restoration job with sand paper and a good buff. Assuming only oem parts seller would sell driver light only? Don't need passenger side. What is my local cl?.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Your local cl is your local craiglislt ads , sorry .

OLDSKOOLACURA

Actually resealing can be a bonus factor for better sealant if you're capable of using it correctly . Op , I'd suggest local junkyard for the single one or your local cl .

Correct. I cooked my Legend jdm headlights and cleaned them and resealed them

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yes you can replace it. But goodluck finding one for sale. Few have spares like that sitting around cus a broken headlamp usually gets trashed and a complete one is sold that way.

How the fuck did you break the bezel INSIDE without breaking the headlamp?

dburns

Haha hit this dodge ram 4x4 took out the step up bar. Some front end damage with that being part of it. I guess impact force? left side took most of blow. The scratches on the headlights themselves aren't even that bad. Other guys fault worked out in the end now just to replace parts etc.

mendoza

It should be an easy fix. Just open them up and replace the chrome, then close it. Ive done it before... Like i said i have the spare part. If you pay for shipping, its yours for $10