My 97 gsr.

SleeepyHeaad

TheGreenMachine
Wassup guys I'm new to this forum again I originally had a 96 Ls auto. But back again with the gsr and hopefully learn some from everyone here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC2-shad

welcome dude! youre gonna have fun here , everyone loves to give opinions and help out with problems!

R13

The other asshole
I have never seen a gsr with tan interior, Kinda cool, Ugly but cool.

SleeepyHeaad

TheGreenMachine
nice! how many miles on her?
I got it for 2500 with 104k was sitting at a dealership I always passed by on the way to work. Has meshies though so I didn't even expect to catch a gsr till I test drove it

DC2-shad

I wanna swap out the interior black and to rsx front and rear seats.
Any suggestions on intakes?

go with either AEM short ram , or a password jdm carbon fibre whale intake , the aem is aggressive and provides decent performance from what ive seen and the whale intake is by far the best , i love the sound , deep throaty and good performance

SleeepyHeaad

TheGreenMachine
go with either AEM short ram , or a password jdm carbon fibre whale intake , the aem is aggressive and provides decent performance from what ive seen and the whale intake is by far the best , i love the sound , deep throaty and good performance

Hmmm yeah I want a deeper sound without slapping on a full exhaust yet. So whale would be a good choice ?

DC2-shad

Hmmm yeah I want a deeper sound without slapping on a full exhaust yet. So whale would be a good choice ?

yeah man go with the whale! , also if u want a decent sounding exhaust go with yonaka catback or even apexi and grab a decent header while youre at it

Murphy

Meat Master

Well an aftermarket intake won't do you any favors in terms of hp gains, but if you want a deeper sound I'd definitely consider a Yonaka catback system. It's a little over $200 shipped about as much as an AEM CAI and it's stainless steel so it wont rust and replaces your b-pipe with a resonator and you get 60mm piping. It's a nice deep sound that isn't loud and obnoxious.

Since I've installed mine almost a year ago I've observed less throttle effort in lower gears, my engine runs slightly cooler, and just a perfect sound throughout the rpm range. You have a GSR so your gains would be even more noticeable in higher rpms.

Teggy64

Got vtec?
intakes have been proven to add hp or at least free up some Murphy. OP looks like you have a good start. Mine looked the same when i got it, now i have a black interior and it's well worth the effort of tracking down all the parts. Imo cypress green pearl looks much better with black interior than tan.