oil pressure gauge question

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
got a new oil pressure and water temp gauge, what do i need for me to keep the cel workin too? i mean a light is def better noticing a problem instead of a little needle.

also, what the hell is up with the integra cupholders. placed sooo fucking wrong, i cant even ash in my ash tray when i have a drink (which is 99% of the time). oh well, i use the window anyway lol just saying

mirrorimg

Actually the oil pressure dummy light comes on the dashboard when the pressure drops to a dangerously low level. Its better to have a consistent readout and to check it often rather than to rely on a light that means your engine is toast.

Do so reading up on installing the oil pressure gauge. Theres a couple setups you can run.
- Using a T fitting, attach to the dummy switch location on the back of the block and use the extra port on the t-fitting to supply the oil to the new gauge sensor switch.
- Get a oil sandwich plate for the oil filter that has extra ports, and use one of those to get the oil feed

stevoqb916

I dont know much about the oil guage crap but i totaly agree with the cup holders the stupidest design ever

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
In other words, you don't replace your stock sensors. You add the sensors that come with the gauges.

In addition to the oil filter sandwich adapter, I seem to recall that a company makes a coolant sandwich adapter that goes between the head and the upper radiator hose neck where the bleeder valve is.

You're going to freak out with those gauges. Water temp and oil pressure fluctuate quite a bit, and people who've never had aftermarket gauges are never prepared for it.