Stock Tachometer gauge light not working

ravinaziankid

Hey, I bought this car last month and got around to changing the bulb in the gauge cluster and noticed that even with the new bulb, the tachometer or RPM gauge doesn't light up but everything else lights up just fine. The gauge isn't the stock GSR, it looks like he changed the look of it since it's white/blue face instead of all black. Could it be the PO didn't wire it up right or am I missing something here. If anyone has had this problem and can tell me how to get it to work, that would be great. It's not a big issue but i would like to see everything working/lighting up normal. Thanks.

DAWGSwlms22

check the fuse box. the guy who had my teg before me changed the lights behind the cluster, and it wasnt working. i looked in the fuse box and it just wasnt plugged up right. all you need is a power tester. start your car, and turn your lights on and off, while checking all the plugs ins.

ravinaziankid

OK, thanks for the replies..i will get some pics when i have time. I'm not sure if its the fuse since the other gauge lights work(MPH, Temp, Fuel).

There is some extra wiring to a little control where i can turn on/off the gauge lights and control the brightness setting. Maybe it might be best to bring it back to stock but stock gauges go for like over 100 so it might not be worth it for such a little minor detail.