I want a G2!

Heavencent

Hey fellas. Newb here that just recently registered. The reason I placed this thread here instead of the newb section is because it concerns a G2 specifically (mods please correct this if I'm wrong, though). I tried searching for this, but no good results (Im searched something like "How much for a g2", and shit like that)

Ok, the deal is, I want a G2. How much would it cost to buy one in "fair" shape? I mean, mileage wouldnt be a BIG problem for a Honda/Acura car (Id rather buy a 150,000+ mile Honda than the same mileage on a Dodge). Plus, how are the insurance rates on these things (im 20 and live in Berks county area in PA (Reading))? Do you think I will be able to snag one with like $1000 to $2000 range? If you want to know, my plans arent really "extravagant". All I want is:

A fresh paint
Wheels and Tires (Tires being the most important part on the car)
Lowered Suspension
I/H/E
Stock Spoiler

And thats about it. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to suggest them. Thanx!

slikk

Money Getter
you should be able to find G2's for about 2k

insurance isnt that big of a deal (unless you have bad driving records) cuz the car is about 13 years old.

parts are easy to find and not that expensice compared to later models.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
it all depends on the area.

in my area, stock they go for about 2500-3k

check autotrader.com for average prices

Heavencent

20 Views and no one else have anything to say? Come on guys, tell me what its like to own a g2. Any problems, etc? Ideas, suggestions, thoughts?

slikk

Money Getter
there is only like 10 G2 owners on the site so far.
just be glad you dont own a G1 we only have 3 G1 members amd i havnt seen any post from them in a while

Heavencent

oh... damn. I thought there was as many members on here as on club civic. Did you guys just start out? Or are there arent that many Teggy owners out there? If so, why or why not?

ca86108

were newer and not as well known.. and i feel sorry for anyone that has a g1 they blow major balls.. all these fuckin rinky diny g1's a;ways try and race me and im like 1 mile away by the time i hit 2nd gear

Britty

We've had our G2 since day 1 back in 1991 and i'm gonna keep it till it dies! I LOVE IT!!! Normal wear and tear problems, but we haven't run into anything major.

GO GET ONE!! :D

slikk

Money Getter
Britty said:
We've had our G2 since day 1 back in 1991 and i'm gonna keep it till it dies! I LOVE IT!!! Normal wear and tear problems, but we haven't run into anything major.

GO GET ONE!! :D
G24EVA!! yeah baby yeah

tougetuned_DA9

not to much

im from delaware county pa and my g2 cost $2000. my insurace is 160 a month for limited tort and i have one stop sign violation. look on auto trader thats were me and 4 of my buddies found there hondas.

tougetuned_DA9

i love my DA9

i love my stock DA9. jdm clip is in the future. i plan to keep my car till i die . i will do the right hand drive when i get my dream car. (AE86)