How do you check ECU codes in a 1990?

ENDUBHO

how do u check for the ECU codes???i know where is it located but how do u check for the LED blinks?

slikk

Money Getter
ENDUBHO said:
how do u check for the ECU codes???i know where is it located but how do u check for the LED blinks?

it should be under your passenger side floor carpet.

* pull the floor carpet back and you should see a big future looking shiny metal witha tiny glass window
* check the blinking LED in the glass window
-------------
* long pause = restart of code
* long blink = 10
* short blink = 1
to reset the ecu = i dont remember. search the site i think i posted it in the G2 forum sometime ago

ENDUBHO

slikk said:
it should be under your passenger side floor carpet.

* pull the floor carpet back and you should see a big future looking shiny metal witha tiny glass window
* check the blinking LED in the glass window
-------------
* long pause = restart of code
* long blink = 10
* short blink = 1
to reset the ecu = i dont remember. search the site i think i posted it in the G2 forum sometime ago
is that mean thats code 11 or sumthin

Integreddy

ECU Problems

Hey Im Steve im new here....I just have a problem that I need help with....I recently bought a PM6 ECU and I installed it in my 91 integra LS and the LED light stays on....wut code is that?.....and when I REV my engine...it only goes up to 3000 RPMs then starts to stutter.....any help is much apreciated on how to fix this problem. Thanks

slikk

Money Getter
Integreddy said:
Hey Im Steve im new here....I just have a problem that I need help with....I recently bought a PM6 ECU and I installed it in my 91 integra LS and the LED light stays on....wut code is that?.....and when I REV my engine...it only goes up to 3000 RPMs then starts to stutter.....any help is much apreciated on how to fix this problem. Thanks
WOW the light stays on .. i have never heard of that happening before..

Integreddy

slikk said:
WOW the light stays on .. i have never heard of that happening before..
yea it stays on when I turn on my car also the check engine light in the speedometer cluster.....once installed it stutters at 3000 RPMs....my mechanic told me that I need more gas, that maybe it was the map sensor. But still it will only let me rev up to 3000 RPMs, why?

Integreddy

Integreddy said:
yea it stays on when I turn on my car also the check engine light in the speedometer cluster.....once installed it stutters at 3000 RPMs....my mechanic told me that I need more gas, that maybe it was the map sensor. But still it will only let me rev up to 3000 RPMs, why?
Nevermind I got it to work now...cool!!!! redlines at 8200 rpms and it has the speed limiter removed
nice! thanks

Integreddy

ok i got a problem again.....the ECU LED light blinks 3 short times.....wut is it? why does it do that? and why does my car turn off by itself? how do i reset the ECU? Do I just disconnect the battery? please help.... StreetWarriorz competition is next week and i need for the ecu to work perfect. thanks