Finally got a 1992, few questions

SRLNCLT

Just got my first Teg. It's a 92 LS coupe 5 speed, red. $900. Just need an engine. I'm not wanting to do anything too crazy so I'm just thinking a B18B1. Nicer looking valve cover and a few more horses then the stock one. How much am I looking at? Any other engines about the same price? Also, do both the front and rear "A" Acura emblem have holes in the hood/trunk. Was this year known as the Honda Integra in Japan? Would it be ghetto to change the "A's" to "H's"? Yeah, if I do I would remove the Acura badge.
L.

Murasame

Congrats man, I have no idea about the engine prices but I'm pretty sure it was a Honda in Japan, so you'd be fine switching that up. Good luck with your engine!

SRLNCLT

Same engine B18A, $1600-$1800. B16A $2500. hmmmmm. What should I do? 130hp non-vtec. 160hp vtec.
L.

SRLNCLT

Well the B18B1 and the B16A are about the same price. So, it looks like we're gonna do the B16A. Did any of the 90-93 Tegs come with the B16A? The GSR? So, what else would I need to change to get it to be a GSR, and if it involves taking out the sunroof, no. :lol:
L.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
in japan they came with the B16. the GSR came with a B17. i would have gone with a B20, since its the same cost as the B18A

SRLNCLT

Eviloliv3 said:
in japan they came with the B16. the GSR came with a B17. i would have gone with a B20, since its the same cost as the B18A
The B20 is the same price as a B18A? So the B20 would only be $1600-$1800? Are you sure? I will ask the shop where were gonna have the work done. What is the horsepower and torque for the B20?
L.

SRLNCLT

Put $1000 on the b16a today. They should have it in i few days. It won't be installed for 2-3 weeks cuz they are booked.
L.

SRLNCLT

Here are a few pics. Not much to look at, yet........ Engine is going in in a few weeks. I have some 17" ADR Ricochets that I will be putting on also. Got to wax it and take off those nasty smoked shields, on the sunroof and top of the rear window.
L.

SRLNCLT

Oh yeah, and it already has a catback exhaust with 2 1/4 and the magnaflow muffler. The guy that had it before me put it on. At least now I won't have to go out and put money in the exhaust.
L.