estimated Times for this teg

Wickedcivic94

what kind of times should a 2nd gen teg rs do with a b16 turbo with a gsr head ??? i am reffering to 1/4 mile .

CHILD

all day all JDM
thats almost too bland to answer. What kind of other mods are on this teg. What kind of turbo kit....is it intercooled.
If you just go with your average run of mill turbo set-up.....GReddy no intercooler @ 7psi......probably 13's with traction problems....low 13's with grip

Wickedcivic94

ok thats what i wanted to know . What kind of times would a 2nd gen integra run with an LS/VTEC setup ? What would u recommend ? i need to know if i should just go with the b16 turbo teg or should i go with the LS/VTEC teg and try to get enough money to turbo that ? If i dont have enough money to turbo the LS/VTEC teg then what one would run the better times ? Why are b16s so good in 2nd gens ? i dont know too much about integras . Only civics .
I have a choice beetween the one with b16 turbo for $4500 or the ls vtec one for $2500 .

Last edited:

CHILD

all day all JDM
Wickedcivic94 said:
ok thats what i wanted to know . What kind of times would a 2nd gen integra run with an LS/VTEC setup ? What would u recommend ? i need to know if i should just go with the b16 turbo teg or should i go with the LS/VTEC teg and try to get enough money to turbo that ? If i dont have enough money to turbo the LS/VTEC teg then what one would run the better times ? Why are b16s so good in 2nd gens ? i dont know too much about integras . Only civics .
I have a choice beetween the one with b16 turbo for $4500 or the ls vtec one for $2500 .
The B16turbo teg would be a better way to go from the start. If its an LS/VTEC that was built by someone else, your taking a big risk because a LS/VTEC is only as good as the mechanic who built it. LS/VTEC engiens run fairly well naturally aspirated but they are exceptional with turbo applications. you can utilize the torque of the LS block and low compression with the better flowing, high rpm head for maximum top end power.
The B16 turbos are good because it has lower compression than the other VTEC engines but on the downside it lacks in torque, but not by much. Its more reliable and will last longer than a LS or B20/VTEC set-up but wont be as potent in stock form.
Buying the LS/VTEC car and tryin to turbo it later will be more expensive than getting the B16 turbo car and doing your regular maintenance on it to get it in good condition.