cobalt ss owned signal skyline drivin by tarzan?

ltrain

yep northamerica time attack, tarzan brought signal auto's awd skyline and lost to gm's fwd cobalt ss with happyjuice, gm claims 99% of the parts were bolt on, the cobalt was in first even above the cusco evo and sti, im shocked, saw it on the speed channel redline show

shocked

B18TEG

BLACK DA
old news. .. . that was like a year ago, but still awesome. gotta give it to the little engine that could. plus that little thing can hold up to 1000 hp easy, been done already, and hardly any traction problems

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
B18TEG said:
old news. .. . that was like a year ago, but still awesome. gotta give it to the little engine that could. plus that little thing can hold up to 1000 hp easy, been done already, and hardly any traction problems
this is true.....i heard about it when they first came out....thats one percent is a ported head.

heykosal

Angkorian
my man jeremy has a cobalt that is certainly nothing to f*ck with lol

EDIT: Cobalt SS...gota love the factory recaro's

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
i dont know man there a GSR around the way from me and i saw him smoke an SS colbalt he only has boltons and mild cams.

heykosal

Angkorian
well first off jeremy's cobalt sure isnt stock.

and i would think stock for stock a cobalt SS might take a GS-R. 200hp from the factory v. 170hp? even if the chevy weighs more i think it would be quicker. even with mild bolt ons i dont think wed take a stock cobalt? any other opinions?

BTW my friend chris has a civic with a GS-R engine and type r tranny. he smashed me today and i got mild bolt ons

hksb18

GM TECH
im a gm tech and it is true that in the gm performance catalog theres everything u need to make a colbalt 1000hp.....n they do handle like champions

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
curb weight: 2959 lb, 205hp, 200ft/lbs

They really aren't that fast. They claim 0-60 of like 6.2 but they also use a correction factor in that time. It's not an actual time the car ran, it is a theoretical time the car might run on a 60 degree, 0 humidity day at sea level. I raced one like 5 times in a row when my GST was stock and it just couldn't pull me. Even if he jumped me I would still pull on him. I will be the first to tell you that it won't do 6.2. Either that or DSM's are under rated and I doubt that. I bet a good conditon stock DB2 would right next to it or past it

Last edited:

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
^^^
agreed, my 144whp NA LS motor can run side by side with one til around 85, then i pull away a little. DA9 power FTW!!!

slowbalts *cough cough* i mean, cobalt ss's are the best thing to come out of GM in YEEAARSS. other than that, i'm amazed that GM is still in business. the only other decent ride comin from GM is too expensive for the AVERAGE consumer. the corvette C6 (which i STILL prefer the C5 Z06 any day of the week)
i used to hate cobalts, i'll admit. but i won't discount the fact that they do have serious potential. and your right, i've seen these things make STUPID amounts of power/torque, and have maybe a 1/4 of traction issues as us honda guys. definately good for FWD drag racing.

hksb18

GM TECH
hahah what about the solstice the 260 whp 260 tq 2 seater weighs like 2600lbs or near there.. 2.2l turboed 2 seater rwd shits are fast 4 cyls and turboed instead of supercharged..and i cant wait till the G8 comes out!!