Blown Struts

tidigim

Hey all,

I am a newbie but have a question. Has anyone ever heard of blowing out the front struts from putting ur car on a hydraulic lift? I had my front tires mounted at tire kingdom and now my front struts are blown. :cussing: I am just wondering if any one has ever heard of this b4. I called them and they said "no that can't happen". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Yeah.... If you have air bags on the car, but it's usually only rears that do have bags from factory. If you don't disable the pump it'll over fill the bags trying to get the tires to touch the ground, then when you lower it down it puts all the weight on the suspension and pops the bags.

It can't happen to your car because you don't have air bags. Stop trying to pin shit on other people.

I dont see how lifting the car would blow the struts. If they lifted the car correctly, it will have no ill effect on the struts.

Most likely you attributed the bad ride quality simply to the tires before you had them replaced. You notice the blown struts now because your tires are new and proper.