Front end squeak in hard turns?...

Hacksterbaby

Hey all. My '92 LS, auto tranny w/182K miles has recently started making a squeaking sound in extended hard turns, such as a loop-back exit ramp off the interstate. Best way I can describe it is like wetting your finger and rubbing it hard across a glass window or windshield. The struts are pretty well shot, but I can cope with the hard ride. Any worries here? I've recently started a new job w/a 100 mile daily round trip commute. Thanx for any help.

Mugen

Hi My Name Is Asimo
Hey all. My '92 LS, auto tranny w/182K miles has recently started making a squeaking sound in extended hard turns, such as a loop-back exit ramp off the interstate. Best way I can describe it is like wetting your finger and rubbing it hard across a glass window or windshield. The struts are pretty well shot, but I can cope with the hard ride. Any worries here? I've recently started a new job w/a 100 mile daily round trip commute. Thanx for any help.
If it aint broke dont fix it.... Welcome

Do not, I repeat DO NOT do a trans flush. That would be the worst thing you can do.
Its an old car, just deal with the fact that its gonna make some noises.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Mine squeaks over bumps, turns out it's the upper control arm bushings. I used to think it was the shocks also, but after I put on my coilovers it still made that sound. I'm currently replacing most of my bushings.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Yeah, but it will be worth it. Ball joints will be changed also. I want to get everything powder coated first.

Mugen

Hi My Name Is Asimo
Mine squeaks over bumps, turns out it's the upper control arm bushings. I used to think it was the shocks also, but after I put on my coilovers it still made that sound. I'm currently replacing most of my bushings.
I have energy suspension poly bushings, did a good job at the squeaks.

Last edited:

Hacksterbaby

Do not, I repeat DO NOT do a trans flush. That would be the worst thing you can do.
Its an old car, just deal with the fact that its gonna make some noises.
Well, hadn't really planned to flush the tranny, but thanks for the suggestion. It's obviously something with steering/suspension. And yeah, I know it's gonna make noises-- just want to make sure this new noise isn't announcing a big problem about to happen, like when the CV's start clicking in turns.

jdmb18da9

all go!! no show!!!
is it hard to replace the bushings? because im having the same problem, i was looking at a hyper flex energy suspension kit,