I need help restoring my 86

scrunner77

I am not what you would call a car saavy person. I would like to learn more. I have a 1986 Integra that I love and want to restore. Everything is still original in it except the radiator which I replaced two years ago. I would like any help anyone can give me. What would be a good motor to put into it?
Thank you for your help.

Travis

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The B18C1 is a good platform to go with. What else do you need to get?

graveyardhippie

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=7815 i did a post here on how to put a b series in, and the shift linkage from hasport is no longer manufactured. also, i dont remember if this article tells you, but there's a combo of axles you can mingle together to make your own custom ones for this car. the b swap in here is pricey and i'd assume a bit painful, but if you have the time and money, once you get a b series, the aftermarket support is endless, vs now where it doesnt really begin.

xusake

I say just rebuild ur d16, because it pretty powerful. You dont need to spend all those extra cash on a b series. Your d16 can do almost the same as a b series but cheap for you to play with :D. If your looking for power just rebuild it and slap a turbo on. It some thing that not alot of people have, because i think b series and k series are all played out, do some thing that people havnt really done.

graveyardhippie

it is a peppy engine if it's been well maintained. to boost it say around 6-9 lbs would be really nice. off the top of my head tho i think you'd be needing an obd1 ecu swap, precision injectors, and all the obvious turbo swag. correct me if i'm forgetting something

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I say just rebuild ur d16, because it pretty powerful. You dont need to spend all those extra cash on a b series. Your d16 can do almost the same as a b series but cheap for you to play with :D. If your looking for power just rebuild it and slap a turbo on. It some thing that not alot of people have, because i think b series and k series are all played out, do some thing that people havnt really done.
dont you have a b series? :roll:

xusake

dont you have a b series? :roll:
LOL! ofcourse i do, but im just giving adivse. Beside I only got one because it was a steal for me, 92 db2 shell + motor for $950? Also it was super clean beside the front end and rear ended, but i plan to sell it so i can get the funds to rebuild the motor. Other wise i wouldn't have bother.